Reaction score
Car's due up for a service & MOT which I will be doing within the next week or so.

It's only done 22k so its just the usual 'A' service as per the guide on here.

The thing is..my mpg for daily driving is between around 28 to 30...now reading some figures elsewhere,that seems a tad low.considering I don't really rape it everywhere I go.

I know a good old service may improve this, but do I need to look at replacing my plugs aswell at such a low mileage?

ajb

Reaction score
when i had mine serviced by renault in april i told them to change the plugs as well. car has done 30000 miles now and i average 33.5 mpg and that is with a bit of canning it.

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
plugs shouldn't need changing but that's not to say you might have a fault in yours, have you had it checked for over fuelling or pre detonation?

plus, bingley isn't exactly flat so the hills will effect your mpg, still i'd be expecting 35+ mpg without a heavy right foot.

Tyre pressures also can massively effect mpg - check them also.

Reaction score
I've always had a slight feeling that the exhaust may be blowing..but we've had a look..and it isnt...yet you know when you just think something is a-miss...?

whats pre-detonation? the fuel burning before its been used or something?

yeh i think every corner there is a big steep hill...but yeh..rarely get to 30mpg. i'll see what this service does to it in the next few weeks.

i run 28psi...

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
28 is a bit low for road use - increasing to 32/33 will help, yep - timing of the engine basiscally.