misfire?

Reaction score
Trophy No.
So, I was happily heading off to see some lass when the trophy lost a bit of power, felt very lumpy and sounded like a scooby. It was like someone deployed a parachute behind me. misfire? it never threw up any lights on the dash, but it did have one when first got it. turned out to be o2 sensor. cleared it and it never came back. so id imagine not related?

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Could be a misfire mate - probably worth checking / removing / reseating the coils to the coil pack. It could also be due to a lambda sensor fault or failure. I had hesitancy and spluttering due to a damaged lambda sensor.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Ive ordered a new coil pack and spark plugs. wont hurt replacing them, and hopefully cures it. keep you posted.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Well, took the Trophy out for a spin last night and she didn't miss a beat. I'm thinking it was all the torrential rain we had here on Sunday and Monday and now she's dried out. Thanks for the reply SharkyUK. If it comes back I'll update.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Just a quick update on this to close the thread and help anyone else that searches for misfire treads.

The trophy started running with a constant misfire recently and threw up a orange flashing engine light. I was kind of pleased as it meant I could get my mates scanner on it. Two codes came up. One for o2 sensor (lamda) and one for cylinder three misfire. Replaced the pre cat lamda sensor with a genuine Bosch unit (part number 0258006046) off of eBay for £45, fitted it and problem so far solved. Car even feels a bit smoother and power seems smoother. Maybe in my head though after having it run with a misfire for a few days and so underpowered haha

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Glad to hear you have (hopefully) seen the last of the misfire issue :)

Incidentally I did also have a misfire issue when my engine bay got soaked in water. I had the bonnet fully open on a rather hot and sunny day, went to the loo and then despaired as the heavens opened as I was sat on the throne! Rainwater all over the place and in where the plugs should have been...!

Reaction score
I had my Trophy on a fault finder the other day and a lambda sensor issue was highlighted.
Ive been having some real issues getting her started some days with her refusing to ignite when turning over.

Could the sensor cause this do you know?

Reaction score
Trophy No.
mine started fine, just REALLY lumpy and sounding like a scooby. it would be fine to start but then was constant. from what i read the pre cat lamba sensor is responsible for how the engine runs, usually dropping a cyclinder and corresponding injector.

Reaction score
My battery is fine, it just seems to struggle firing up.
new sparks resulted in easy startups for a fortnight, now it struggles again.

could something be clogging the Sparks up I wonder?