Reaction score
Read this Manufacturer's description for the pilot exalto PE2 on a tyre website (not sure which) yesterday. Thought it was of interest......

Manufacturer's Description:
The Pilot Exalto PE2 is Michelin's entry level Ultra High Performance Summer tyre designed to raise both the status and performance of small sporty cars that use low profile-sized tyres. The Pilot Exalto PE2 was inspired by Michelin's World Rally Championship (WRC) tyre design and architecture, and was developed to provide crisp and responsive handling in both wet and dry conditions, however it is not intended to be driven in near-freezing temperatures, through snow or on ice.

Anyone tried the F1's yet? They seem like a good tyre for the winter!

Luke.

Reaction score
The summer tyre reference seems to be for the US market and is obviously designed to avoid products liability claims when they have a big accident in snow or ice - bearing in mind how litigious the US is. Over there they have tow road categories, summer or all seasons categories, the latter being the sort of tyre that most soft-roaders would have.

Reaction score
I have no problem with running them all year and agree that unless you have winter tyres on then you should take it easy on ice or snow. I was amazed at how much better winter tyres are in the snow, but they're horrible the rest of the time. In Germany they reccomended changing to winter tyres when the temperature drops below 7 degrees.

It's standing water that I find frustrating.

Reaction score
what tyres are good in snow and ice?? :lol:

i think they are brilliant tyres, wet and dry handling is brilliant. Wouldn't dream of changing!

Reaction score
Got a set of F1s all round last week.

Bit early to compair to the michelins, only done a handfull of miles, but initial reaction is that the ride isnt quite as bouncy and the car seems less prone to tramlinning. Both me and the misses noticed these improvements so could be something in it :?

Will keep you guys posted on their performance as the miles rack up.

Reaction score
Cool, let us know how it goes. My car is all over the place at the moment - although I suspect that's not just the tyres :?

Cheers.