Reaction score
Trophy No.
Has anyone here fitted an LSD to their Trophy? Any idea as to what options are available in terms of LSD's for the 182/Trophy?

Many thanks :D

Reaction score
BenG said:
Kam2turbo has :wink:
Eff me! :lol: Excellent punchline =D>

IIRC there are 2 or 3 companies selling slippy difs for the 172/182 Clio. Cliosport has some threads on them, but all in you're looking at over a grand I think.
Regardless, I think putting an lsd on the Clio would go against the character of the car. It's suppose to be the last of the "old school" hot hatches and from a driving p.o.v. I don't think it needs one either.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Thanks for the replies... I'll take a look over on ClioSport.net and see what I can find.

duffer987 said:
IIRC there are 2 or 3 companies selling slippy difs for the 172/182 Clio. Cliosport has some threads on them, but all in you're looking at over a grand I think.
Regardless, I think putting an lsd on the Clio would go against the character of the car. It's suppose to be the last of the "old school" hot hatches and from a driving p.o.v. I don't think it needs one either.
Point taken mate... just looking at options at the moment. We (my girlfriend and I) had a Spoon LSD fitted to her Type-R over the weekend and it's transformed the car immensely. Before the Trophy was king but by God the Type-R rapes it now! :lol: No exaggeration either! :shock: :D

Reaction score
Depends how you drive I guess :wink:
The Civic Si I had back in Canada came as standard with a slippy diff and it was certainly advantageous coming out of a hairpin turn on a circuit as you could stick the throttle earlier then without one and really close the gap on folks, but on spirited drives on country roads never felt it was needed.
Of course I'm also boring OEM man, so alotta the aftermarket stuff is just lost on me in the first place :oops:

Reaction score
Trophy No.
duffer987 said:
Depends how you drive I guess :wink:
The Civic Si I had back in Canada came as standard with a slippy diff and it was certainly advantageous coming out of a hairpin turn on a circuit as you could stick the throttle earlier then without one and really close the gap on folks, but on spirited drives on country roads never felt it was needed.
Of course I'm also boring OEM man, so alotta the aftermarket stuff is just lost on me in the first place :oops:
:lol: I appreciate the honest reply mate, thanks! :D

Reaction score
Depends on how you drive the car and what you use it for.

From the research I have done if you use it for track work or hillclimbs and sprints its very much worthwhile as the improved traction in tighter corners will yield quicker times.

There are a couple of types, a plate type diff and a torque biasing diff such as found in the Megane.

Out of the 2 the plate type is the best as it will still give traction even if one wheel was on grass all the power being transfered to the wheel with most grip, however the torque bias type will still free wheel if you loose tracktion to one wheel much like a standard diff.

For the road the best one is the torque type as this needs no maintenance where as the plate types wear plates etc and need regular servicing as they wear.

Avanti (ZF?) iirc is the plate type and Quaife is the torque type.

The zf is around £1700 plus fitting but the Quaife is around £1300 - £1700 fitted

As said there are plenty of threads on cliosport to read through

Ajr

Reaction score
I wouldn't fit a torque biasing diff for an everyday car that's used on back roads, it's tiresome being dragged all over the road. A plate type will be even worse.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Thanks for the replies fellas - very much appreciated and comments noted. Thanks for your time. 8)