Reaction score
Has anyone remapped their trophy?, anyone got a group n ecu?

And if so how do you rate it, is it worth it etc..

Will it damage your engine / completely invalidate the warrenty

Any info would be great :?:

Reaction score
I do, very happy with it. I went to GDI for mine and I've not regretted it. I'd imagine my warranty is invalidated plus you've got to inform your insurers. I've got a Prospeed exhaust and a Maxogen air filter as well. It's definitely worth it, go for it!

Reaction score
If you can be bothered/have an hour to spare;

http://cliotrophy.co.uk/forum/viewtopic ... 3&start=30

Not been on here lately Dan?

Quick answer yes, group N from K-Tec

Definitely worth it, best value performance mod in terms of power per pound

No it won't damage your engine, and it doesn't affect the warranty because they won't know about it unless they are specifically looking for it, also quite interestingly, if for any reason at all you lose the re-map by the ECU being wiped or replaced by Renault, K-Tec will re-flash your ECU for £40, the labour to do it. This is because in their mind, you have already paid for the product so they won't charge you again.

Reaction score
Steve, have just read your musings on the grp n ecu.

Has your mpg been effected at all? whether up or down

Have you lost any abilities, i.e cruise control or anything?

Did you tell your insurers, sounds like you said you didnt need to..

Exhaust + remap (grp n) + i/k = 200bhp (ish)???

Reaction score
Tell your insurers, you can't be too careful with mods. I did and it hasn't cost me anything extra. MPG hasn't suffered at all. The cruise control didn't work at first but sorted itself out very quickly, this is a common thing.

Reaction score
TrophyDan said:
Steve, have just read your musings on the grp n ecu.

Has your mpg been effected at all? whether up or down

Have you lost any abilities, i.e cruise control or anything?

Did you tell your insurers, sounds like you said you didnt need to..

Exhaust + remap (grp n) + i/k = 200bhp (ish)???

I thought the mpg was affected at first but I can still get over 40mpg out of the car on the motorway and 33mpg through normal driving, so I'd say no, but it will definitely use more fuel if you drive hard because there is more power there, which can only be had by combusting more fuel and air.

I have not lost any abilities, cruise control, pit-lane limiter etc. are all unaffected.

No I did not, and I have no intention to, but you should make up your own mind on this, as coneyman says it probably won't cost any more, I just don't want them listing it as a modified car, I might decide to take it off, in fact I might have done already, I didn't even pay for the re-map so I don't even know if there ever was one. :wink:

I would say your estimate sounds reasonable, a good IK like an ITG Maxogen along with a free flowing exhaust and sports cat (or de-cat) in combination with the custom map to suit these mods should produce near to 200bhp, if you had the inlet manifold ported and polished, then definitely.

I wold definitely recommend the Group N re-map, it is cheaper than an exhaust and produces a significant boost in Torque across the rev range, don't expect it to feel like a NOS system has been rigged up but if it was done overnight you would notice it straight away, on the improved throttle response if nothing else, makes the engine feel much perkier.

Sorry I only just replied, I missed your questions.

Reaction score
On reflection not sure whether I should have posted that, as it was an off the cuff comment poss breach of confidentiality etc - pm perhaps.