Reaction score
Hi everyone
can't believe i've only just registered on here after having my trophy for 7 years!
(sorry! lol)
please can you help? been told by my garage I need full new suspension front & rear. Not concerend about the rear but the cost of the front ones gave me a fright!
last year i got a custom exhaust as it was better and cheaper than a renault one - is there any options on suspension? Have seen the thread on dampers but wasn't sure that was the same thing.
hope you can help....

thanks

ceddie
:D

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Well better late than never I suppose ;)
First of all read this thread it should give you all the information you require http://www.cliotrophy.co.uk/forum/showthread.php/46019-SACHS-DAMPERS-REBUILDS
What makes them think all the units need sorting? (no real surprise after 7 years) And what prices are they quoting? You say you are not concerned about the rears but garages often supply the incorrect cheaper units, there are several options but the Original Sachs will set you back about £300 for the pair. The fronts depending on what needs doing can be refurbed by BG from about £500+

Last edited:
Reaction score
Trophy No.
West's renault on Cliosport.net

Rears- £200ish/pair
Front- £950/pair

I'll get you a link tomorrow if no one beats me to it

Reaction score
hi thanks for the reply.
garage said front driver and rear passenger have gone so should do all 4. they know that trophy bits are special they do all the work on it for me and have quoted £50 per side back and £600 per side front from Renault this is just parts.
will read your thread tho thanks for the advice.
cheers
c

Reaction score
Trophy No.
quoted £50 per side back and £600 per side front from Renault this is just parts.

c

Well that just confirms what I said earlier about garages ordering the wrong rears, £50 will be for the wrong "cup" dampers. do not let them order and fit these they will make the car handle like a piece of crap. £600 sounds about right for the fronts if you don't want to go down the refurb route.

Renault part number for Sachs rears: 8200 519 954

Last edited:
Reaction score
I'm in the process of getting brand new replacements for the fronts, Tom at Wests Renault (Cambridge) has quoted me £471.56 each. I also ordered new top mounts and spacers bringing the total to £1037 with free postage (due to the size of the order). I'll be fitting them myself when they arrive.

He mentioned that Sachs made a batch for the Renault factory in Dieppe and I got the impression from him that supplies may be limited and that Sachs may not be making another batch for some time if at all.

Reaction score
For a similar price to the sachs rears you might also consider the Koni rears instead. Thats the route I went down when one of mine went, tightens up the rear end and gives you some adjustment.

Reaction score
thanks everyone plenty of information. will chat to the garage again to make sure they're gonna do it right.
: )

Reaction score
have just spoken to BG motorsport and all in for the front ones it's gonna be £700 inc VAT and carriage - good deal me thinks!

Reaction score
Trophy No.
have just spoken to BG motorsport and all in for the front ones it's gonna be £700 inc VAT and carriage - good deal me thinks!

Ouch, that seems a little expensive especially as he will have no idea of the complete work they will require. Before you make a final decision it may be worth at least thinking about buying new, you should be able to recoup some of the cost selling the old ones on ebay.

Last edited:
Reaction score
im in the same boat tbh. only 1 of the front ones is a little soft. but tbh, id rather spend a grand on new uprated items, than get the original ones refurbed, which by the sounds of it, will need doing again in a few thousand miles. im all for originality, but im also a sucker for value for money. which the refurbs arent imho. the wests reno ones....are these still available??