Reaction score
I spent a useful afternoon in the garage today changing over the Recaro seats in my Trophy. Its done a few miles now and although the drivers seat is still very good, I thought I would even up the wear by swapping the seats over. hopefully this will extend their life somewhat as the drivers seat always wears more than the passenger!

Its a simple enough job, if a little time consuming and fiddly but essentially the seats are held in by 4 x 6mm Allen bolts (tight!) but with a 1/4 ratchet and a 6mm hex Allen tool they came out quickly.

Under the seats are a few electrical connections that need to be disconnected, but these are easy to change over as there are no actual connections to the seats themselves.

The hard bit was swapping over the cable that operates the tilt mechanism from one side to the other, (the cable can be attached to either side of the seat, the seats themselves are not handed!) but once I had done the one, the other side was easy.

If anyone decides this is a good idea and wants to do it, I did take a few pictures that I could post up.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Good idea, do a guide! :D
I put a sport interior in my old 1.2, can;t really remember what I did though, there was a lot of guessowrk involved.

Reaction score
bearne1 said:
Guide would be very useful, thinking of taking my seats out at some point just to clean carpet etc!

1. Jack the car up.
2. Remove dust covers from near sills, undo 2 nuts on either side
3. Remove 4 nuts from within heatshield next to exhaust.
4. Pull out seats - after removing airbag connector underneath.

(The nuts you need to undo)
DSCF1203b.jpg

(The airbag connector)
DSCF1204.jpg

Takes about 10 minutes for both sides.

Reaction score
that's not a Recaro seat though...

Recaro's have a cable that goes from the seat back to the seat runner which has to be changed over.

On the Recaro's its easier to leave the runners in place and undo the4 x 6mm allen pins that attach the seat to the runners. The runners cant be swapped from side to side.

Interesting though, are you saying that a 182 seats can be unbolted from the floor and moved from one side to the other?

Reaction score
buzzer said:
that's not a Recaro seat though...

Recaro's have a cable that goes from the seat back to the seat runner which has to be changed over.

On the Recaro's its easier to leave the runners in place and undo the4 x 6mm allen pins that attach the seat to the runners. The runners cant be swapped from side to side.

Interesting though, are you saying that a 182 seats can be unbolted from the floor and moved from one side to the other?

He only asked about how to remove them so he could clean underneath though :wink:

So he wouldnt want to leave the runners in place either would he :p

The full seat removal process is the same, with the same leads & nuts under the car. I know, i've had 4 of the damn things lol