Collecting Cars Podcast.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Nice Trophy mention from the lovely Neil Clifford on this Collecting Cars podcast from a few weeks ago in their '2 Car Garage' section.

About the 49 minute mark in the vid:

When I first heard it when this episode came out, I could almost tell exactly which car he was about to go for! High driving position gave it away.

I believe there is at least one other Trophy owner with the other car from the 'two car garage' suggestion (I won't give it away....)

photo_ed

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Trophy No.
I suspect I'm one of the lucky few who had this very 'two car garage' of Clio Trophy and e39 M5 between 2014 and 2016.

Can confirm it was an absolutely stonking pairing and were a combined purchase price of £12,200.
A cracking combination! Two very different but excellent drivers cars. (y)

Reaction score
Man isn't the car buyers world nearly unrecognisable from just a few years ago.

You would certainly need a good chunk more readies now,even to buy just one of those iconic cars.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
For sure, a bit depressing really.

For reference, I sold the M5 for £6850 on 158k miles in 2016. A painful decision but the right one at the time- they are not cheap to keep in top condition as a daily driver doing 12k a year.

Suspect the same sale today would be in the high teens easily.

Both cars get in the lottery winning garage.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Love the E39 M5, had an Avus Blue BMW brochure centrefold pinned above my desk as a teenager. A car that is just so "right"

I saw a Lexus GSF the other day and thought that is probably the closest in spirit to the E39 a manufacturer has gotten since