Car's that you appreciate for what they are.

NickReilly063

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Trophy No.
I was having a conversation with Ed last night about Car's that you get excited about because there a little different to the norm -

Well we have taken in a Fiat Puto 1.2 Active that the owner has had since 2012 and is one of those little Gem's - it's still got it's orginial Dixon's dealer plate's on.

53000 miles - PAS - Electric windows - Central locking - Pioneer stereo with blue tooth (orginial in the boot - along with a full book pack) - and isin great condition - needs an MOT and in my view it will fly though it as I've been out for a run in it earlier and can honestly say it drives ace.

Can you image if this was a Hot Hatch with that mileage / condition what would it be worth - Not £150 I'd say ???

I know some of you may think I'm mad however a nice car is a nice car what ever it is.

punto3.jpgpunto1.jpgpunto2.jpgpunto5.jpgpunto4.jpg

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Owned one of these briefly when some shit hit the fan and I needed cheap transport. Perfect first car or winter daily whilst the Trophy goes into hibernation...don't tempt me!

When I lived in Australia, I had a Hyundai Getz 1.4, chucked a tent in the back, and toured most of the country waking up somewhere new every 24-48 hours. Bliss. So I guess that's another one on the list

Reaction score
Like that Nick,even the plainest of plain Jane's can be desirable things to own and even admire.

Seeing a car like that now,even something that was so common and probably got zero attention when it was new,might just get more attention than a Lamborghini in some retina melting colour 😁

It would be great to take it to that show,Cars of the Unexceptional??
Probably got the name wrong on that though.

Enjoy it,you might just be holding onto it longer than originally planned 😉

photo_ed

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Love this Nick, what a great little car. Like we were saying, it's not necessarily all about GT3's sometimes as much fun can be had wringing the neck, or appreciating the condition in this case, of some of the most mundane metal. You know how much fun I have in the shopping car in my fleet, it is at times, priceless! :LOL:

Ajracer

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Trophy No.
The EV evangelists and the government will try to convince you it’s better for the environment and scrap that fantastic little car which has many year’s service ahead to buy a 50k Tesla!
Empty out your wallet for a clear conscience….

photo_ed

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Trophy No.
The EV evangelists and the government will try to convince you it’s better for the environment and scrap that fantastic little car which has many year’s service ahead to buy a 50k Tesla!
Empty out your wallet for a clear conscience….
It's madness isn't it, as you say it makes much more environmental sense to me to keep these little cars going for as long as poss, it's a much more sustainable mindset, but one which I think many would struggle to embrace. There's too much pressure to be on a hamster wheel of consumerism which the new EV virtue signalling inevitably brings with it. A little village near me which shall remain nameless is quickly filling up with huge hulking EV's which are far too large for the quaint streets, as the neighbours race to be viewed as the most environmentally conscious but also the most affluent, it's quite frankly pathetic.