Reaction score
As above, I've purchased a set of Koni Yellow adjustable rear dampers and was wondering what is the best setting for road use whilst still maintaining decent handling.

Reaction score
I can't answer your question, but wonder why you didn't buy Sachs rears?

Reaction score
I can't answer your question, but wonder why you didn't buy Sachs rears?

Why did you buy the Sachs rears lol?

In answer to the actual question your best of starting off with them in there softest setting and working up. I have mine on there hardest setting but my car is a lot lighter than standard at the rear.

Hope that helps :)

Reaction score
The Koni's are adjustable so you can run them in soft on the road for comfort and then easily adjust them if you do trackdays or fancy a thrash.

I'm not sure if the Sachs rears are uprated or there cost but for me I had a set of Koni rears revalved to match the front Sachs similar to the Mark Fish ones.

I've also got a set of Mark Fish ones as he makes damn good stuff :)

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Jesus.

I did a bit of testing on the road and a little on track. They have 2.5 turns from fully soft to fully firm (rebound). Basically on a quiet roudabout I would test them by carrying a bit of speed and lifting off and seeing what setting made the car feel the most planted and stable. First I did it on fully soft then again on fully firm to see what difference it made. I think on the firmest setting (slow rebound) the rear was a bit twitchy so i dialed it down until it felt stable.
I found a nice setting in the middle, It ended up being 1 full turn from fully firm from what I can remember which is pretty much in the middle but slightly towards the firm side.

Another test is to bounce the rear of the car and you're looking for the rear to spring back up in a smooth controlled manor without bouncing back up too quickly and over shooting normal ride height.
If you set it to fully firm you will notice the car will rebound back up very slowly where as setting it fully soft will cause it to bounce back up very sharpish. Somewhere in the middle feels about right.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Jesus.

I did a bit of testing on the road and a little on track. They have 2.5 turns from fully soft to fully firm (rebound). Basically on a quiet roudabout I would test them by carrying a bit of speed and lifting off and seeing what setting made the car feel the most planted and stable. First I did it on fully soft then again on fully firm to see what difference it made. I think on the firmest setting (slow rebound) the rear was a bit twitchy so i dialed it down until it felt stable.
I found a nice setting in the middle, It ended up being 1 full turn from fully firm from what I can remember which is pretty much in the middle but slightly towards the firm side.

Another test is to bounce the rear of the car and you're looking for the rear to spring back up in a smooth controlled manor without bouncing back up too quickly and over shooting normal ride height.
If you set it to fully firm you will notice the car will rebound back up very slowly where as setting it fully soft will cause it to bounce back up very sharpish. Somewhere in the middle feels about right.

I had 15 clicks on the front and half a turn on the rear, was really nice on the shit UK roads.

P.S this is what Mark Fish himself said run

Reaction score
Thanks for that Ben - it seems half a turn is approximately where it should be. I'll give it a test though as I know a roundabout perfect for trial and error ;)

Oh and I bought the Konis because they come with a lifetime warranty from Larkspeed, as well as the fact they are adjustable.

For as long as I own the car I won't have to worry about rear dampers.