Alarm internal sensor disabling.?

Big Dave

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Hi folks.
Just wondering if its possible to disable the internal alarm sensors tempoarily.
If i lock the car up at work with the window slightly open the alarm goes of,, very annoying. [It is a very secure car park]...
I know on some cars its possible to temp disable the sensors.

Reaction score
Yes it is. Turn the ignition on and off a few times after you've stopped the engine. I do it 3 times but it might be less? You should then hear three beeps when you lock the car.

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure you turn the key three times in the ignition (without starting the car) and then get out and lock. It should give a sound to indicate the sonics are switched off.

Reaction score
For a Clio III system the instructions claim one can 'deactivate the ultrasonic volumetric sensor to prevent alarm being triggered if you wish to arm the system with the windows open'.

With the door open, you insert the key card and within ten seconds withdraw it, insert it again and withdraw it again, then close and lock the door. You'll hear three beeps and job done.

For Clio III's with a key (I'm guessing it's going to be the same/similar system to the Trophy) the process is the same, but you simply turn the key in the ignition on and off, then on and off once again. That's turning it to the on position, but not the final turn to start the engine.

Big Dave

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Bish Bash Bosh..
3 answers all saying the same thing so im guessing thats correct.
So does that disable them all the time or just until i next start the engine.?
Cheers chaps...

Reaction score
Just until the next start. I've had to use it when on the ferry and that's one of the reasons for it being there. Once you start up again all is back to normal.

Reaction score
Most of the forums have more knowledge and quality of understanding than Renault themselves! I'd probably trust a forum more than what 99% of Renault owned businesses puff my way.