Reaction score
Car's going to Rentech soon, and the question of air filters has been raised.

They will fit an ITG panel filter if I supply one
(they are also going to fit the braided hoses I bought via the Clio Sport group buy - thanks for the heads up whoever mentioned it),
or they will supply a Pipercross filter which Mike tells me is very similar.

The easy option is the Pipercross supplied and fitted by Mike, but is there an advantage to the ITG version. In which case I will have to order one beforehand.

Also where is the best place for front camber bolts? - The suspension is being done locally, so I will need to supply them.... are they tricky to fit, I havent even looked at them yet.

Any other things I should think about getting done while it's at Rentech?

Reaction score
160dmb said:
Car's going to Rentech soon, and the question of air filters has been raised.

They will fit an ITG panel filter if I supply one
(they are also going to fit the braided hoses I bought via the Clio Sport group buy - thanks for the heads up whoever mentioned it),
or they will supply a Pipercross filter which Mike tells me is very similar.

The easy option is the Pipercross supplied and fitted by Mike, but is there an advantage to the ITG version. In which case I will have to order one beforehand.

Also where is the best place for front camber bolts? - The suspension is being done locally, so I will need to supply them.... are they tricky to fit, I havent even looked at them yet.

Any other things I should think about getting done while it's at Rentech?

If anyone can tell the difference between a Pipercross foam filter and an ITG foam filter then they should be working for the Renault F1 team, there won't be anything in it, I bought the ITG one because I had the pick of them all and lots of people recommended it.

There is a thread on camber bolts running now, George K says which ones to buy or get the existing ones machined, if they know what they're doing.

Get them to do a service while you're there, best people to do it and cheeeeeap.

Reaction score
I went with a Pipercross as Mike said there was nothing in it. As Steve says, you'd have to be a magician to notice the difference I'd have thought. Will be heading back down to Mike as soon as I can as I'm basically driving around without any brakes at the moment. Not good.