Reaction score
Morning all

Can you fit 15's to a Trophy ok?

Any recommendations for lightweight wheels and I'm thinking of trying Toyo 888R's so if anyones used them any comments would be appreciated.

Thanks

Matt.

Reaction score
Matt Wills said:
Morning all

Can you fit 15's to a Trophy ok?

Any recommendations for lightweight wheels and I'm thinking of trying Toyo 888R's so if anyones used them any comments would be appreciated.

Thanks

Matt.

speak to Cue - in fact i'm sure Cue will be along soon. he fitted track wheels to his, tho iirc they were 16" Cup Turini's. sure he'll confirm and advise though

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
aye, 16" cup wheels - you should be ok with 15"... although I found the ET made more difference.... was slightly squirmy under braking compared to the normal wheels, I'll be putting them back on for July's Cadwell trip...

Reaction score
Most 15" should fit, the ET is important - I tried 40 and there did not appear to be any adverse effects, but would recommend you do not go less. (45 is standard) Toyo R888 are OK and there are often deals to be found, but do not have the stiffest sidewalls - A048 would normally be the first choice. I have stayed on 16" and have been very pleased with Kumho V70A (the only option in the right size) even in the wet, but then I went for super soft as I only do short runs.

Reaction score
George, would the Kumho's make a viable road tyre? I only do 5k miles a year & possibly 1nr track day and as long as im not getting through more than 1 set a year i could live with the reduced life these tyre would offer, can you also advise which option would you use for either road or track? am i right in saying even the hardest option is massively softer than the michelins?

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
i'm thinking of slicks for the track this year - It'll make more difference to my lap than any other mod i'd have thought.

Know i know cadwell it'll be fun fun fun all the way :)

Reaction score
Here you go 15s Trackdaywheels003.jpg ExClio cup racer wheels and one with them on the car
cadwell170-1.jpg

Reaction score
Campo - hard to say, mine have a treadwear index of 50!! and I worry that they will last a season of hillclimbing - don't know about the harder options as I have not tried them. One other problem is that they will probably aquaplane as the come with only just over 4 mm tread. They are so soft that they pick up small stones and leave holes in the tread when removed.
A friend is using the Hankook RS2 and is please dwith them as a compromise tyre - they have a treadwear index of 200, softish for a road tyre, but have track tyre construction, i.e stiff sidewalls and start at 8mm. Heereckons they have a loftmore dry grip than the PE2, are OK in the wet and seem to be wearing well - they also come in 2045/45 x 16! he runs them at 28/26. Just an idea.