Reaction score
Renaultsport said:
As hoolio says; we all have to start somewhere.

Someone buying a Trophy or any 182 for that matter will not necessarily be aware of the things we know today due to the fact we've owned the cars for a while and have browsed forums and learnt new things. All forums I feel are a good source of information. If I was to buy a new car, yes someone the things I've learnt from the T and previous CS I've owned could be used for my new car but there will be lots of things I will still be looking for answers too. In this situation I would turn to a forum to do a search and ask some questions.

It’s like anything, if you're not sure about something then ask. People shouldn't be worried about asking questions.
Im not necassarily talking about this forum or cliosport but i have seen people ripped to bits and ridiculed for simply asking a question, every forum usually has at least a couple of smart arses who make it their mission to ridicule people

Reaction score
Hinckley, Leics. *182 breaking for spares*
I used to be part of the foundations of Cliosport, now i dread the day i have to cough up and re-join the place.
It's a victim of it's own success, the more people you have, the more assholes you have. FACT.

As long as someone can be bothered to take the time to answer these simple questions when asked then i see no harm, will help the people not on CS, otherwise you might as well just shut this site down and redirect the traffic straight there.

Mat.

Reaction score
marrow said:
eljeffo64 said:
hoolio said:
As always. Don't be so serious, just trying to lighten the mood a little

It's Christmas in 12 weeks :)

What's the weather like down your way at present?

Was 30 degs and dry till yesterday (pool still warm enough for a dip); wet and 20 today with a promise of nice stuff for the weekend :)

Am visiting blighty (in the T for once) for a week from tuesday week so need to buy a coat!

Glad some think this has turned into a weird thread, makes it less contentious imo ;-)

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
I love Clio Trophy \:D/

I've learnt so much from this forum and everyone i've met on here are really nice people. The quality of information on here is excellent and I can't believe for one minute that people are being referred to cliosport for answers.

Reaction score
I have to agree with BenG here this forum has been one of the best ive seen for a while. The information on here is spot on. I have been on cliosport website and i just dont like it, they do have good information but for me if i need advice on my Trophy i would rather ask here its much more friendly.

Reaction score
I got banned from there, apprarently it was offensive me posting my opinions on their thread full of people boasting about their criminal convictions, some of them for vehicle crime too. Oh well, I've always preferred this forum anyway.

Reaction score
BenG said:
I love Clio Trophy \:D/

I've learnt so much from this forum and everyone i've met on here are really nice people. The quality of information on here is excellent and I can't believe for one minute that people are being referred to cliosport for answers.
Arse licker!

only joking :lol:

Reaction score
I found Cliosport hard work, just because wading through all the idiot 1.2 owners talking in txt speak was a pain in the arse :lol: . Never wanted for any info from here tbh.

Having said that, I reckon my Focus RS forum will be like that in a year or so, as there's already some real, erm, characters on there.

Reaction score
I went on the cliosport forum went I first bought my 172 cup about 5 years ago and was shocked at some of the utter nonsense being posted in response to technicial questions. In addition to this (as mentioned on this thread already) the grammer and language used was virtually unreadable.

So it was my decision to not use it.

There is a small amount of that on here, as you'd expect on any public forum, but the good sides to it far outweighs them.

I don't recall having to pay for access back then, but I think that is very arrogant; it is a Clio forum after all, not Bently or Rolls Royce!

Reaction score
I don't like Cliosport at all.

The mods are knobheads, I had all my comments removed on a thread about £120 coilover kits! I wasn't swearing or insulting anyone I just made genuine comments!

This is a good forum, it helped me find a trophy and sell it on afterwards!

I have joined clio197.net but not a fan of it yet!

Renaultsport.co.uk is my favourite!

G

It's not a forum I really use, to be honest. Am I right in getting the impression that it's now much quieter than it has been in the past? I seem to remember a few years ago it being really busy, but it's not really nowadays.

Reaction score
I use both! but prefer this one! I just think that I can get the info I need on here and like many have said, cliosport is a general sport forum so has owners of all the models (from williams - 200) and has many non sport clio's on there too. At least with this forum I can find the exact info for the car that I own, and can read stories about things I have interest in, without having to wade through a load of un-interesting and irrelevant stuff. I am however a member of cliosport and do find it useful now and again.