Reaction score
one of them has gone kaput tonight, anyone know what type of bulb ill be looking for to replace it?

cheers all =)

Reaction score
anyone know how to change them?? lol especially o/s with AC pipes in the way?

are they a 1/4 turn in any particular direction or are they held in with a spring clip? ive read somewhere they need to be discharged first? any help is very welcome, i hate having one light out

Reaction score
Are you sure its the bulb thats gone. If the bulb went pink prior to going out then thats the problem, if it just went out or flickers then goes out it will be your ballast.

For the ballast it is a bumper off job, IMO, take the bumper off and take BOTH headlights out and swap the ballasts over and see if the problem transfers. If not swap the bulbs. Also check the fuse hasn't blow!

Reaction score
Jon.G said:
Are you sure its the bulb thats gone. If the bulb went pink prior to going out then thats the problem, if it just went out or flickers then goes out it will be your ballast.

For the ballast it is a bumper off job, IMO, take the bumper off and take BOTH headlights out and swap the ballasts over and see if the problem transfers. If not swap the bulbs. Also check the fuse hasn't blow!

Or, Just Drive around with only One Headlight and Preferably One Brake light, just like most people around these parts...

Reaction score
Jon, i only noticed it wasn't working when i was behind a car last night (auto light setting, so was dusk) i have no idea, didnt notice any flickering. is the ballast purely for self levelling?? i dont get these flippin' lights! lol

Reaction score
Horatio said:
Jon.G said:

Or, Just Drive around with only One Headlight and Preferably One Brake light, just like most people around these parts...

Can't work out if you're being sarcastic or not.

cossiefran said:
Jon, i only noticed it wasn't working when i was behind a car last night (auto light setting, so was dusk) i have no idea, didnt notice any flickering. is the ballast purely for self levelling?? i dont get these flippin' lights! lol
The ballast is what will keep the light on, nothing to do with self levelling mate.
The ballast is attatched with 3 torx bolts under the unit itself, undo these and it will simply come off. The bulbs very rarely will die, if they do they will go pink prior (getting pinker as the bulb dies).

Reaction score
Jon.G said:
The ballast is what will keep the light on, nothing to do with self levelling mate.
The ballast is attatched with 3 torx bolts under the unit itself, undo these and it will simply come off. The bulbs very rarely will die, if they do they will go pink prior (getting pinker as the bulb dies).

ahh, i see. are they located directly under the lamp itself? hence bumper off? tbh Jon, im colourblind, so i would never notice a pink tinge (yep, its true, playing snooker is a laugh an' all! lol) but a flicker would be noticable due to the power of the lights, and i didnt spot that either, it just failed.
so, im going to go with the ballast first and if it isnt that then its the bulb. worthwile trying the N/S ballast first? also, bumper: any hints on a speedy removal? cheers all

Reaction score
Are you a member on cliosport.net? There is a good guide on there that will help you get the bumper off with ease. A little long winded to do here. When I had issues with my xenon's on my 1.2, I took the bumper off and swapped the ballast and the problem transferred. I would recommend doing that first as you know exactly what to replace then. It'll be one of 3 things, the ballast, the bulb or the igniter (very rare these fail but are attached to the bulb, black box).

Just noticed you are located in Stockport too, Not far from me as I'm in Sale :D

Reaction score
i am but dont really go on there tbh.

ill have a look tho at the weekend and see whats what.

yep, a stockport thoroughbred! lol