WoW

NickReilly063

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Reaction score
Came close to buying one new. Bought a Williams instead. I have still not driven one.

Not my favourite colour either. I only recall seeing them in white or black?

NickReilly063

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Trophy No.
They also did Red ones in the UK - again not my favourite Mark.

I was lucky to own one when they were virtually new - I paid £13500 for one in white that was less than a year old in 1999 - fantastic car and reved like crazy.

photo_ed

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Trophy No.

I was lucky to own one when they were virtually new - I paid £13500 for one in white that was less than a year old in 1999 - fantastic car and reved like crazy.
I'll bet I spotted you a few times back in the day Nick, tearing round your neck of the woods! :LOL:

Reaction score
I will be the first to admit that compared to many others I have only driven a few truly great cars.

Luckily there were a few DC2's around me in the early/mid 2000's,brilliant brilliant cars.

I still don't think there is a much better seat for holding you and comfort than the Recaro SR3.
And yes if it's a Type-R, it has to have a red Recaro seat or the ultra rare Yellow version if you are very lucky 😉

Reaction score

I guess there were not too many red ones?

The new one that I saw at the time in the showroom was in white. New price was a stretch for me at the time and the Williams was more tempting as I had a Clio 16V at the time.

Reaction score
I will be the first to admit that compared to many others I have only driven a few truly great cars.

Luckily there were a few DC2's around me in the early/mid 2000's,brilliant brilliant cars.

I still don't think there is a much better seat for holding you and comfort than the Recaro SR3.
And yes if it's a Type-R, it has to have a red Recaro seat or the ultra rare Yellow version if you are very lucky 😉

Wow the yellow seats look great!

NickReilly063

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Trophy No.
The Integra has now gone live, but after now reading the write up I’m a bit disappointed that it’s not on it’s original paint with only 12k on the clock - however I’m sure it will still bring big money.

It does show how durable our Caspian Red paint is on our little rockets 🚀

Reaction score
From the description

"For the last seven years, it has been dry stored on a vehicle lift to avoid any weight on the wheels."

I can honestly say, I have never heard of this being done before, keeping the weight off the wheels.

Anyone any ideas of why this might be done or why it might be seen as a good thing?

Big Dave

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Titan.
Yes it can be done to stop the tyres from flat spotting over time.

A mate of mine bought a rare Porsche many years ago, that had been sat for a considerable time, and the tyres were, although inflated had flat spots where they had been sitting, and it took him about 1000 miles before the tyres actually became "round" again...

Reaction score
Trophy No.
I'd be more concerned with each corner being at full rebound, and the bushes loaded for too long in a condition not representative of a design ride height.

Easier to replace tyres than bushes!