Winter wheels an OEM question

Reaction score
As I drive into Germany quite a bit I need to put winter tyres on the Trophy to be fully compliant with the law.

I've done some reading/searching here but haven't seen a definitive answer to my question thus the new thread.

Obviously I'll want to go down a size to 15" wheels with a narrower footprint and a higher profile as they will work better in winter conditions with the added benefit of being cheaper.

My question is what OEM Renault options do I have?

Will any 15" wheels from contemporaneous cars fit ie Megane, Scenic etc? It's difficult to check offsets/pcd/offset without poring through the advert, to find they aren't listed anyway. If I had an idea of what's likely to fit 'off the peg' it would cut down my search time significantly.

My preference would be a set of 172 15" wheels (assuming they fit) but they seem expensive compared the hundreds of Scenic/Megane wheels I've seen littering ebay.de with winter tyres already fitted at very good prices.

Anyone have any idea?

Reaction score
Buy a set of used Clio 172 Ph1, 15" wheels. Put some Dunlop WinterSport 2 on (250,00€) and get happy!!
Awesome in the wet, Awesome in the snow and very good in the dry.
Tire size 195/50/15
Wheel data: 7x15, offset 43 or 42

Regards from snowy Bavaria

Max

Reaction score
That's a good idea but they seem very thin on the ground in Europe compared to the UK.

Thanks for the wheel data guess I'll need to start reading through all the adverts in their entirety and hope they included it.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Or go for set of 182 16" wheels.. cheap and 16" winter tyres are ok and not too expensive ..

Reaction score
For example would something like these fit I wonder- don't care about the looks they'll only be going on for a trip to the Alps. As usual there is no information as to exact fitment on the advert. Thus why I wondered if any standard Renault wheel 15" would do the job.
https://www.ebay-kleinanzeigen.de/s...-schrauben-zb-renault-clio/531272110-223-8514

Would love to buy some 172/182 wheels (prefer the 15s as cheaper and better ride) but they are very thin on the ground here.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
For that price i would buy them and try them .. they will be a bit narrow but PCD will be the same.. only question is the ET ( offset ) but it won't be far out ..
If they work let us know as it sometimes snows in UK and steel wheels are a good idea..

Reaction score
Why not only buy Winter tyres and put them ob your actual wheels?

cheapest way!

195/45/16 is a possible size ;)

Reaction score
It will cost 25 euro a wheel to have tyres removed, replaced and rebalanced!
I can fit a spare set myself in 20 mins and save the cash.
Plus I'll have an emergency spare I can lob in the boot for those long, remote road trips where you don't want to wait for ADAC to turn up.

The search continues as I haven't heard from the vendor of the set I linked to above.

Reaction score
I'm based between the UK and Netherlands but not due back in UK for a few months.

I just seem to end up in Germany quite a bit so I've been looking at ebay stuff there.