Nik

ClioTrophy Admin
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Mines kept on the driveway

Why? :? Planning on stealing it? :p

Reaction score
Being red i wouldn't want mine outside

I know every body dosn't have a garage but as sad as some people think it sounds i would definatly purchase a car cover to stop the sun fading the paint over the years

Otherwise value would be lost

Just a thought

Nik

ClioTrophy Admin
Reaction score
Trophy No.
If i had a garage, it would definitely be in it, but i dont think I'd be too worried about paint fade these days, especially if its kept well looked after

Reaction score
True if i owned one it would be washed daily and wax/polished every other day

Then week ends of comes the wheels to fetal the suspension etc

Yer pretty sad like that just love a clean motor

Reaction score
rgds the red paint fade thing , i also was slightly worried about this ??

not sure what it will be like on the red paint but after applying SUPAGAURD to my Cup it looked awesome and was easy to clean
and according to the label also protects the paint against the suns harmfull rays :D

needless to say i managed to negotiate a very good deal for the Supagaurd to be applyed to the Trophy......

Nik

ClioTrophy Admin
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Yeah, i've got the Supaguard too. Not sure how much different it is to using a good wax (which i will do anyway) but should help keep it looking good.

Reaction score
Most sealants and waxes made to day have UV protection built in plus the finish is clearcoated so the paint fade should not be anything like red cars off old.

Even my normal 182 gets kept in the garage though.

Worse than paint fade the worrying thing is how bird crap seems to etch into todays paint in no time at all.

Reaction score
Old topic!! Mine is garaged too and under a dust cover if unused for extended periods. Owner before me also garaged it religiously from what I gather.