Reaction score
Re: My Trophy failed me!!!

You fitted Skidelli and eight pound sixty ball joints! Tut tut.
I wouldn't expect a VX to be any different though.

Reaction score
Why the total cop out by deleting the whole of your original overlong and whinging post. I think the next owner might appreciate knowing that he has lower ball joints that a wouldn't fit on a childs toy let alone something that's capable of way over a hundred.

Reaction score
The thread was originally called "My Trophy failed me" and very simply described how it had failed its mot and that she was going to trade it for a vx because of this. The fact that it failed on front tyres and lower ball joints two fairly basic items subject to everyday wear seemed a concept too far. Anyway they were replaced by a pair of pirelli and joints that at a cost of £8.60 each I think is cost cutting over safety.

Reaction score
Not so much that. It was the inference that it was somehow the cars fault! I had some sympathy to begin with it was an expensive mot but I feel most sorry for the poor sod that ends up with it.

Reaction score
There are 3 types

205/45 R16 V (83)
£95.96

205/45 R16 W (83)
£103.91

205/45 R16 W (87)
Reinforced
£114.24

Got these prices from Black Circle.

Whats everyone going for ?? :?:

Chris

Reaction score
Michelin PE2 - 205/45 R16 V (83)

I got these, but surprisingly selecta tyre do them for £79 of all places, the guy told me that they price them up on the internet as people believe that tyres on the net will be cheaper than a tyre garage and pay the extra believing they have the best deal when in this case its obviously untrue.

Reaction score
Destined for Victory said:
Michelin PE2 - 205/45 R16 V (83)

I got these, but surprisingly selecta tyre do them for £79 of all places, the guy told me that they price them up on the internet as people believe that tyres on the net will be cheaper than a tyre garage and pay the extra believing they have the best deal when in this case its obviously untrue.
Yes your right there as i can PE2's for that money through working in the trade!

Reaction score
I just went to have two PE2s fitted at a place near me and whilst there, I asked for a quote on a couple for when I change the rears next month.

£134 each.

Bye.