Reaction score
Ideally I like to know a breakdown of the basic price with separate amounts for VAT and delivery + anything else (options?) if someone knows.

Cheers

Mark

Reaction score
I presume the £15,500 included delivery. Anyone know how much this was?

Why do you say you doubt anyone paid near to list?

Reaction score
Mark said:
Why do you say you doubt anyone paid near to list?

dealers offered good discounts on the Trophy list price - have a search and theres a few threads about what some people paid from new

Nik

ClioTrophy Admin
Reaction score
Trophy No.
yeah, £15,500 was the on the road price. I got mine early (think me and Lee were one of the first to be delivered) and payed round about 13k for mine with a Renault friends & family discount, but as time went on dealers were offering this sort of price to anyone really.

Whatever you payed, we all got one hell of a bargain! :D

Reaction score
Welcome Mark!

Interesting research... care to share the reason? Is it to compare to the current 197 or are you looking for a Trophy?

Either way, enjoy your stay ;)

Cheers
O.

Reaction score
Looking for a trophy but don't want to pay over the odds.

Been looking at a private sale approx 15,000 miles. Reasonable condition but door has been repainted and wheels have minor marks. Was listed as one owner on a website ad but it in fact has had two previous (I just don't understand people who do this!!). Ad also claimed list price was £17,995. Despite the guy being economical with the truth I'd buy the car if we could agree on a price but he won't move from around 12K.

Reaction score
Mark said:
Looking for a trophy but don't want to pay over the odds.

Been looking at a private sale approx 15,000 miles. Reasonable condition but door has been repainted and wheels have minor marks. Was listed as one owner on a website ad but it in fact has had two previous (I just don't understand people who do this!!). Ad also claimed list price was £17,995. Despite the guy being economical with the truth I'd buy the car if we could agree on a price but he won't move from around 12K.

WoAHAHAHH there!

Steady on now, economical with the truth?!?! I doubt very much if the guy paid more than £14,000 for it new and it has never been listed anywhere at more than £15,500. The guy is a complete fraudster (sorry if you're on here) but there's no way it's worth £12K with those miles and that condition.

I paid £13,000 for mine and that included a Permagard treatment and 1900 miles running in(!) I bought it from Steve Coulter at www.allvehicles.co.uk, which is where you need to go if you've got £12K for a Trophy, he'll get you a mint one for that.

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Lol, I bought mine from a main dealer - 5 miles on the clock, brand new - still had the seat coverings etc. I paid 13,500 and they threw mats and a full tank of cheap stuff in to the deal.

I recon I could have got it down a bit further if i'd have tried but you know how it is when your sat at a table with the guy with the car literally a foot away (in the showroom) and with no way of getting home if you don't buy it :?

I'd say for the car you're looking at..... £10.5k would be a good deal for both. I like his style though - holding out for £12k I mean. Keeps my residuals high :)

Steve @ all veh. has a brand new one coming in - never run, I think he's looking for £13k from memory. the extra £1k compared to the one your looking at would be a sound investment.

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
TrophyBoy616 said:
i paid 12400 for mine brand new! seriously, it was not even friends and family deal :D

That's the best deal I've come across. You had a muppet salesman by the sounds of it - like that lot, late last year that advertised one for 8k or something, then changed the price when they had a load of enquiries, lol.

Reaction score
I'm getting a strange feeling of Déjà Vu about this.

I seem to remember a thread from perhaps a year ago ( or something like that) about a guy who was selling a Trophy, either on Pistonheads or e-bay, and claiming that the car cost him £17000+. From what I remember, after a few choice comments to him from members of this forum, he pretty soon changed his ad to, well, the truth actually.

Does anyone else remember this, or am I living in a parallel universe?

Either way, Mark, I hope you've got the message that there is no way the car could have cost £17995.

Give the car a miss, it's a wrong 'un, there are far better ones out there for less than he's asking, ones that have far less miles and have not had a resprayed door and have not had a shedfull of owners!

And just to prove the point, g40steve has posted this:

http://cliotrophy.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2901

Reaction score
Cue said:
TrophyBoy616 said:
i paid 12400 for mine brand new! seriously, it was not even friends and family deal :D

That's the best deal I've come across. You had a muppet salesman by the sounds of it - like that lot, late last year that advertised one for 8k or something, then changed the price when they had a load of enquiries, lol.

There is a cheaper one... I think just over 11k - paid by a forum member on here. Sorry have been sworn not to say who!!

O.

Reaction score
oliie said:
Cue said:
TrophyBoy616 said:

There is a cheaper one... I think just over 11k - paid by a forum member on here. Sorry have been sworn not to say who!!

O.

Top result for whoever! The lowest invoice i've found in a bookpack was £12300 a Renault dealer employee. No wonder he took my hand off at what I paid :)

Quite a bit of interest in my delivery mileage car at the money, I suppose it's 1 / 1 and not 1/500 now. Collection delayed so something for next weekend Sir!

Reaction score
oliie said:
Cue said:
TrophyBoy616 said:

O.

i can believe 12300 but not 11k, that would never have happened for an unregistered new trophy, the cost price friends and family was 12400 and anything under a few hundred quid less means it would have been an ex demonstrator. The prices actualy went up towards the end, it was the people who brought around august that seemed to get the best deals :p

Reaction score
That happened to me I was offered one over the phone at £12400 went for a test drive and could'nt make my mind up. A couple of weeks later decided to go for it and they upped the price to £12900, but I stood my ground for another monthuntil there only 10 left to purchase and paid £12600 with mats.