Reaction score
Had the car up on the hoist at Ren7Oaks last week to check on the exhaust back boxes and dampers, and although the latter are just fine, one of the back boxes has deteriorated further since it was serviced in September 09. Thankfully it isn't blowing yet, and I am still undecided as to what to do about replacing it. The two guys who run the garage expressed their concern at non-Renault exhausts due to their poor fit. They have seen plenty of systems on 172s/182s etc in the past that have caused much gnashing of teeth for their owners. I really don't want to shell out £300-400 and find that the bloody thing rattles after just a few months. Tempted to go to Prospeed, but they are a long way from me here in Kent. What are peoples' views on the Powerflow exhaust system? Any opinions on sound, price, fit? Would also be interested to know what most people are running. Would like a little more burble, but don't want the hassle. Might end up with a standard Renault one again at this rate!

Reaction score
I'm in the Prospeed camp, looks great, sounds very nice and subtle and good service, think it took me 3 hours to get there but if I had to do it all again I would, Hayward and Scott was to be my other choice but couldn't justify the extra £200 it was going to cost - they are closer to you mind you.

Go to Cardiff, get a Prospeed and have a nice day out ;)

Reaction score
mine has a janspeed sounds good with no rattles and think the previous owner put a sport cat on too which may explain the flames out the exhaust the other night when my friend was following in his ek9 :D

Reaction score
Go to Prospeed, get the exhaust done and then take the A470 north into the Brecon Beacons for a spin. Job done!

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Iv heard a couple of bad comments on both of those exhausts on CS.
Yet to hear anythign bad about Scorpion.
Depends what type of exhaust your after tbh..

Reaction score
Powerflow just seems a bit 'chavvy' to me, i just remeber when i was younger everyone getting massive loud powerflow exhausts on their 106 1.1 etc etc. They probably are decent tho. I have a scorpion and love it but if i were to get another exhaust i think i would go hayward and scott.

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
i can't understand how anyone can have a bad word to say about prospeed - if there's an issue then they'll sort it FOC. plus they'll buy you a chip butty in my experience... top marks from me.

Reaction score
Here in SA powerflow is the most common but i wouldnt use them because the work and kw we get from them here is not anything to wow about. With my Exhaust i did alot of looking around and asking about. i called ppl from the guys who did the 8v engines to the mapping guys to see who they advise and ended up with roadmasters.

Anyway i am sure you dnt have roadmasters there but my point is the exhaust is one of the most important mods you do and need to do as much research as possible and dnt settle for the lowest price cos as the saying goes you pay peanuts u get monkeys lol.

Anyway thats my advice take it or leave it :D

Reaction score
Does anyone know what the DB reading is for a standard 182 exhaust with cat?

It would be interesting to compile that data for future records.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
trophy380 said:
Does anyone know what the DB reading is for a standard 182 exhaust with cat?

It would be interesting to compile that data for future records.

good idea, not sure how comparable db readings will be though. I assume I will need to replace mine at some point and want the quietest possible really.

Renaultsport

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
I've heard good things about the Prospeed ones. Not had one myself though.

I did have a Janspeed on mine before the Orbisound and that was good, gave a tone you knew was there but wasn't OTT when on motorways. What ever you choose I wouldn't go back to a Reno one as it will only fall apart in a few years, get a nice new stainless one and it will last for a looooooong time. Sound better too! :)

Reaction score
Ive got KTR Supersport with Sports Cat. Sounds Good and pops sometimes :wink:

Reaction score
I've got a yozza, managed to get it for 300 quid, so i had to jump for it, i was going to get a scorpion cos they look great with 2 boxes or a piper cos they sound good, but glad i got the yozza, sounds like a motorbike exhaust perfect!

Reaction score
I've had the Scorpion RS192 for year and a half or so, fits perfectly, no rattles, discrete under normal driving conditions, sounds great when giving it the beans. Recommended for the "more mature" drivers who prefers discretion rather than big bore JDM style backbox CorsaBoy loudness,...if you know what I mean.