Reaction score
My original exhaust is starting to get a bit rusty on the silencers, and this may get picked up at next service/MOT. Though it may be fine.

I'm selling soon, and my car's USP is that it's 100% standard (other than the ubiquitous wiper mod).

Should I:

a. if possible leave the current exhaust in place, on the assumption that a new owner is quite likely to want to fit a fancy one, but risk its condition putting some buyers off?
b. fit a new OEM one to maintain its 'standard-ness', but which may end up being removed by a new owner?
c. fit a fairly tasteful aftermarket one, but in the process ruin its 'standard-ness'?

Renaultsport

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Wait until a buyer shows interested ad come clean about the exhaust, they may take it as it is or they may ask for a deal to get it replaced with what ever they want. The deal may even work out less then a new exhaust.

Aren't the OEM ones REALLY expensive??

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
id do nothing as above, they won't pay more just because it has a new zorst on it. plus fitting an oem one is like always buying replacement parts for an outdated computer - pretty useless as they weigh a ton, cost a fortune and last bugger all time, no positives to them at all.