Votes: 2 100.0%
  • no

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Harry 66

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Trophy No.
What happed to the welsh weekender ive read a few bits on here and sounds like it would be an ace trip even it could only be one day as people have commitments. Would love to hear more about past ones and details like who planned these and likely hood of another.

since getting the trophy in january i have now made a few trips into wales and seem to have a bank of good roads that could be sprinkled into the mix if one was to be planned.

Reaction score
Not sure if I'll be able to make it this year. Got a few other commitments.

Am hoping there will be a 20th anniversary trip next year with a record number taking part ;)

photo_ed

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Trophy No.
What happed to the welsh weekender ive read a few bits on here and sounds like it would be an ace trip even it could only be one day as people have commitments. Would love to hear more about past ones and details like who planned these and likely hood of another.

since getting the trophy in january i have now made a few trips into wales and seem to have a bank of good roads that could be sprinkled into the mix if one was to be planned.

Details of previous Welsh Weekender's can be found by having a look back through the 'Meets' section of the forum, including the excellent information pack produced by @SharkyUK in ( I think??) 2018 to accompany that years event if you dig around hard enough.

There was a brief discussion about last year, but the event failed to happen. Perhaps we're all holding out for a mega turn-out for the 20th Anniversary next year?

It is a great feeling, and not to mention spectacle, to be whizzing through the Welsh countryside in a collection of little red hot-hatches, but there's an increasing sense of real responsibility/liability for anyone stepping forward to actually organise these kind of events in any sort of 'official capacity' these days - especially on the public highway... That said, it would be a shame for them to disappear off the driving calendar.

Harry 66

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Details of previous Welsh Weekender's can be found by having a look back through the 'Meets' section of the forum, including the excellent information pack produced by @SharkyUK in ( I think??) 2018 to accompany that years event if you dig around hard enough.

There was a brief discussion about last year, but the event failed to happen. Perhaps we're all holding out for a mega turn-out for the 20th Anniversary next year?

It is a great feeling, and not to mention spectacle, to be whizzing through the Welsh countryside in a collection of little red hot-hatches, but there's an increasing sense of real responsibility/liability for anyone stepping forward to actually organise these kind of events in any sort of 'official capacity' these days - especially on the public highway... That said, it would be a shame for them to disappear off the driving calendar.
had a look and found the booklet produced by sharky (pretty high quality for some old blokes in a forum i must say). i agree too about the liability side of things with organising something like this.

also do agree that a 20 year meet and drive is a must to celebrate these little pocket rockets and ill definitely be there when an even is organised.

Me and owner of number 56 Adam go for drives pretty often in wales will post in here when we are looking at doing a drive in the summer months as im new here would be great to meet and put some faces too names.

Big Dave

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Trophy No.
I think it was Adam #56, that bought the brembo brake kit from me... If so hope its fitted ok to the car...

"pretty high quality for some old blokes in a forum I must say",,, OOooo thats fighting talk.....;););)

Welsh weekender was a great few days out, and suited the T,s perfectly... Wish I still had a T just so I could do the weekender with all the T,s again...

Might just have to tag along in the Z4,,, again...:cool:

photo_ed

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Trophy No.
I think it was Adam #56, that bought the brembo brake kit from me... If so hope its fitted ok to the car...

"pretty high quality for some old blokes in a forum I must say",,, OOooo thats fighting talk.....;););)

Welsh weekender was a great few days out, and suited the T,s perfectly... Wish I still had a T just so I could do the weekender with all the T,s again...

You could always passenger/share driving in someone else’s Trophy I’m sure Dave. 😀👍

Reaction score
Trophy No.
old = wise (y):ROFLMAO:

I think a 20-year celebration event would be a great idea. I'm not sure about the Welsh Weekender though this year. Personally, my health is very bad at the moment to the point where I can't drive some days (not for any great distance at least). Hence, I'm a bit reluctant to plan anything or to commit to anything.

photo_ed

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Trophy No.

I think a 20-year celebration event would be a great idea. I'm not sure about the Welsh Weekender though this year. Personally, my health is very bad at the moment to the point where I can't drive some days (not for any great distance at least). Hence, I'm a bit reluctant to plan anything or to commit to anything.
My like is for the ‘old = wise’ bit.

Sorry to hear about your poor health Andy! Hope things improve for you soon mate!

Harry 66

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Trophy No.

We fitted them the other weekend went on nicely, lovely bit of kit i want some myself now 😂

ive gotta ask what where the little blue rubber bits could'nt figure it out/ hoping they weren't important as we didnt fit them.

Harry 66

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Trophy No.

i was thinking when i find some time planning a small day, more of meet with some good roads mixed in would love to meet some of the "wise" guys on here. Will be probably summer time and will try post a short itinerary and route see whos up for it. like i said tho just a day and not back to late as mom will want me home for dinner and all the "wise" blokes wife’s s will want them back.

Sorry to hear and hope your in good health soon Sharky 👍🏼

Reaction score
Trophy No.
i was thinking when i find some time planning a small day, more of meet with some good roads mixed in would love to meet some of the "wise" guys on here. Will be probably summer time and will try post a short itinerary and route see whos up for it. like i said tho just a day and not back to late as mom will want me home for dinner and all the "wise" blokes wife’s s will want them back.

Sorry to hear and hope your in good health soon Sharky 👍🏼

Thanks for the well-wishes, appreciate it.

Yeah, a meet/greet and drive would be great. The Trophy membership is spread far and wide so it might only appeal to those closer to the decided location/route but I expect more would be interested in a Weekender next year (or, indeed, a 20-year celebration event). So yeah, gets a thumbs-up from me! :)

I had a good day today so was able to enjoy a drive on some of my fave roads in south and mid Wales. It absolutely wiped me out and I'm now paying for it, but it was worth it! Hahahaha! For a near-on 20-year-old car, it still drives and performs so well.

(Please excuse the missing decals, etc. - it is due to go in for respray and some TLC when I'm back on the ball with things!)

20240423_133340.jpg
20240423_120948.jpg

20240423_125222.jpg
20240423_115636.jpg

Big Dave

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Hope the health improves Andy....

I looks like the reservoir is full, and overflowing, after ALL the rain we have had... Last time i was there it was very low....

It also looks like somebody has been having drift practice in the Elan Valley on,,, "our" hairpin....

Harry 66

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Thanks for the well-wishes, appreciate it.

Yeah, a meet/greet and drive would be great. The Trophy membership is spread far and wide so it might only appeal to those closer to the decided location/route but I expect more would be interested in a Weekender next year (or, indeed, a 20-year celebration event). So yeah, gets a thumbs-up from me! :)

I had a good day today so was able to enjoy a drive on some of my fave roads in south and mid Wales. It absolutely wiped me out and I'm now paying for it, but it was worth it! Hahahaha! For a near-on 20-year-old car, it still drives and performs so well.

(Please excuse the missing decals, etc. - it is due to go in for respray and some TLC when I'm back on the ball with things!)

View attachment 33594
View attachment 33595

View attachment 33596
View attachment 33597
looks ace, need to try some more roads round elan next time im near by saw a video on youtube a while back of this swiss kid drifting round there must admit it does look fun, maybe a little too much for the road but im not the one to talk about being sensible.