rojer386

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Just bought some exaltos and need to get them couriered to my house, any idea of the weight of a tyre? Approximate will do.

Cheers

rojer386

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Thanks, that's what I was estimating on.

rojer386

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Thanks avstar!

Are you a Trophy owner? If so get registered in the owner section and earn that most important 3rd star!

Reaction score
Nope... I'm a wana be! Got a full fat with recaros and now trophy wheels too

Reaction score
Nope, it's 8kg for a pe2 tyre. cup wheel weigh 9.7kg and with tyre they are 18kg each. I had a new set of trophy turinis and tyres and weighed them separately. Turinis came to 7.5-8kg and the pe2 tyre was 8kg. My weighing scales are electric and only weigh to the nearest .5kg. I tried weighing them on their own and me holding them and minus my weight. So the figures are reasonably accurate.

Reaction score
No, 8kg sounds about right, have you picked up a tyre Cue? If they only weighed 2kg each that would mean I could do bicep curls with a stack of eight of them! Insane!

Reaction score
about 6 kg's each, i've got 2 waiting for fitting. no way are they 8kg's, I can lift them no bother, any more weight i'de drop them on my toe's.

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
they're tyres :shock: with the wheels they aren't that heavy...... either i'm turning into superman or your scales aint working. I'd a tyre at a couple of kilos max. the wheels are only 8/9 kilos i thought...

Reaction score
I tried some rota circuit 10 alloys which belonged to a mate on at the weekend and weighed them to compare the difference. The rotas had parada specs and were 15.5kg and the turini wheel with tyre was 17kg. when out on the road with the rotas you could feel the difference in response compared to the turinis. The parada is a better tyre imo and I will be getting a set next time round. Anyways, that’s the weights I got on my electric bathroom scales, not very scientific or accurate and don’t mind being told I’m wrong… as would prefer the turinis and pe2s to be lighter :)

Reaction score
no need to get into specifics here, there's no way the wheel and tyre weigh less than 10kgs! Don't you all remember the 20kg weight saving the lack of spare wheel is claimed to save?!

17kg sounds spot on
to me, a PE2 is heavier than a Turini wheel anyway, I know because I,ve got a turini coffee table and it weighs fook all.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
What i'd like to know is, how has this thread managed to drag on for so long? :)

Reaction score
hoolio said:
What i'd like to know is, how has this thread managed to drag on for so long? :)

i thought that too.... it's given me a chuckle everytime i've come back to read it though :D

Reaction score
Lol! I didn't want to start an argument... I was just adding my findings to the pot. Strip me of one of my stars! that will teach me!

Reaction score
avstar1 said:
Lol! I didn't want to start an argument... I was just adding my findings to the pot. Strip me of one of my stars! that will teach me!

No, no ,no. A Speedline Turini weighs about 72.8564 nanograms (7.28564 x 10-11 kg) whereas a Michelin Pilot Exalto 2 weighs about the same as a small moon (Phobos for instance). These are as accurate as can be measured by modern instruments and cannot be refuted, (the latter was weighed by gauging gravitational influence on local tide levels).

Hope this helps.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Steve Gunnis said:
No, no ,no. A Speedline Turini weighs about 72.8564 nanograms (7.28564 x 10-11 kg) whereas a Michelin Pilot Exalto 2 weighs about the same as a small moon (Phobos for instance). These are as accurate as can be measured by modern instruments and cannot be refuted, (the latter was weighed by gauging gravitational influence on local tide levels).

Hope this helps.

See, that's what this thread needed from the start, an accurate, uneqivocal no nonsense easily understandable response. :)