Reaction score
A guy from renault came yesterday to look at the trophy as I am currently going through a warranty claim for a new damper because its gone soft. He said he will be sending his report off and I should be getting notified early next week on whether they will replace the part. Best thing is they have already replaced one under extended warranty.

So fingers crossed, will update when I hear something.

Reaction score
What grounds will they cover it under for warranty purposes?

How many miles has the car covered?

Reaction score
they cover and mechanical part that fails, hense why they have already replaced one when it lost its gas.

the car has done 58k the warranty runs out at 60k

Reaction score
One of mine had lost gas when I had it refurbed. If that's the case I'm tempted to ask BG to write a report or just put in writing that, that was the case. Then submit this to Renault and ask them to cover half the cost of the refurb? Alot of us who have had refurbs have lost gas in one of the dampers.

Reaction score
That's irrelevant though I'd have thought. New car warranties cover the car not the owner. So not sure why this would be differenent unless an additional warranty or extended warranty was purchased.

Reaction score
Wayhay Phone call from Renault today they are replacing the shock absorbers under warranty. 100% result now I can save for a milltek and track wheels 8)

Reaction score
Is that the proper Renault extended warranty ? Maybe I should have gone for it, I'm pretty sure both my dampers are beginning to need a refurb, they don't seem to have lost gas but there is some leakage and I haven't got the confidence in it I used to have.