Reaction score
Afternoon all,

I just waved goodbye to my 350z and am on the hunt for either a Trophy or civic type R...I'm about to leave to go and view a trophy and was after any basic look outs as I've not had the time to do my own proper research.

Any tips would be great.

Thanks in advance.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Main thing to check is if the dampers have been refurbished

Or if it even had Sachs dampers judging by some threads on here!

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Well all the usual obvious car stuff. The only really different things are the front and rear dampers. The first thing I was going to say is to check that they are actually present, many owners now consider the price of refurbishment prohibitive and take them out (I think, if you know you are buying a car with race spec dampers it's a price that should be factored into service costs) I don't think it's that important to check that they have already had a refurb as in itself that is no indication of how long they will retain performance. Also though BG put a sticker on the reservoir can you tell if Cornering Force have had a go? Short of taking then off the car to get tested the best check of them is to rock the car, it really should be rock solid.
Seats sometimes have tilt/slide problems and the rear hatch pistons will be going, both easyish fixes.