Vibrating in 2nd gear??!!

RyanM

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
So I've been driving my 182 for little under a week now, but today I noticed something.
When I pull hard in 2nd gear, as soon as the car reaches the around 5k revs the car starts to shudder from the front and it comes right up through the steering wheel, there is also a loud noise as if I had a flat tire.
This only happens in 2 gear. I knew when I bought the car that second gear occasionally crunched,
Could this be driveshafts? Maybe the gearbox? Or maybe a wheel bearing? Any help is much appreciated .

Reaction score
Hi, wheel bearings normal start with a whine, if they are really shot you would be able to tell by jacking the car up and give it a wiggle, i would get in a garage personally, if you have a local friendly one that can just give a quick once over?

RyanM

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
I did think it was maybe a wheel bearing, as they took a bit of abuse while trying to remove the old front discs and there is a bit of a groaning sound from the front left, and also a little play top to bottom while jacked up. It's just weird how it only does this in second gear tho. I'll see about getting the wheel bearings changed on the front anyways, cheers