Reaction score
Has anyone attempted to use a bike rack on the trophy. I am a little concerned at the pressure it will put on the rear spoiler. i have one of those strap type versions that you fit/hook around the boot area.

Previous vehicle I could fit the strap underneath the spoiler, the trophy you cannot and so will have to place over the top of the spoiler???

Any ideas?

Reaction score
Have a search - we've covered the topic a number of times and you may find some useful information in previous threads. :)

I have a feeling that no one has used a rear hung rack as yet. I know that a number of people have used roof bars, although you don't want to put too much weight on them because they have been known to result in dented roofs. Personally I favour using a bike bag with the back seats down; not always ideal admittedly, but at least it doesn’t cause any damage to your paintwork.

Renaultsport

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
BenG said:
Hi Justin.

I tried a bike rack on the back of my Trophy and I ended up damaging the paint and had to get it repaired. I have no back seats now so it fits in no problem.

Im going to buy these in the next couple of months...

http://www.seasucker.com/ProductCart/pc/viewPrd.asp?idcategory=18&idproduct=207

Video here...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s77d_A_wBQo

Good idea, never seen these before. Are they legal to use in the UK? Not sure if I would trust them to hold my lardy bike though...

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Good idea, never seen these before. Are they legal to use in the UK? Not sure if I would trust them to hold my lardy bike though...

My first thought was "there is no way I am going to rely on vacume cups to hold my bike on the car" but i've convinced myself to get some.

I don't know if they are legal or not, I didn't think about that I just assumed they would be. Each vacuum cup holds 210lb, thats almost 4 times the weight of my bike and there are 4 vacuum cups on the model I have in mind. The amount of pressure on the cups are going to increase under cornering but they state the amount of holding power is overkill, just to be safe.

The company spent years making the vacuum mounts for marine applications and are designed to withstand that type of environment so they should hold up well as a bike rack.

Renaultsport

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
If you do get some keep us posted, I would be interested to hear what you think of them!