Reaction score
Here is a thought... why don't any of the major manufacturers make a car stereo/head unit with a USB port (e.g. Sony, Panasonic, Alpine et al.)?

It seems that most people now have a USB flash disk so surely there is a market for a DIN sized head unit?

There must be a market for a good quality USB compatible head unit out there...

O.

Reaction score
Brilliant idea, then you could plug your iPod shuffle in there (or equivalent) and be away. Even better why don't they put an audio in on the face of every car stereo, then I could just plug my iPod in without having to fork out for a Dension ICE link that doesn't even allow stalk control anyway. That way I can just control my music from the iPod when I want and use the stalk for radio and the occasional CD. I'd really rather not have to buy an aftermarket stereo, I want to keep the Trophy as original as possible. It can't cost much to put a jack input on the front can it?

Manafacturers - USB's and audio in's please, it's not difficult and people have the money to spend. Most people have got flash drives and/or iPods now.

Day

Reaction score
I've seen loads but not well known brands.

£99 will get you one but as it's no Alpine they get overlooked.

Reaction score
After a bit of searching I did find a JVC unit...

Oh well. I will hang tight :)

O.

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
even better - why don't they just build a head unit with a mini hard drive - 5 mb would do. download from either ipod, cd, radio anything then.