Trophy Valuation Help

Reaction score
All the bushes and rubber parts, which just age out. in fairness I upgraded the suspension to adjustable as it was in bits and powder coated the suspension arms etc. which was choice over necessity. However I also replaced the brake pads and deglazed the discs due to being stationary, replaced brake and clutch and fuel lines, due to corrosive nature of fluids and age.

Reaction score
Pardon my ignorance... but when would it require a damper refurbishment? If it ain't broke, don't fix it?
Who knows. I agree I would wait and see what happens but we all know they could go at any time even on low mileage cars. I'd imagine they would need to be rebuilt within a few months as the seals are 10 years old and it hasn't moved for 5. It would be sensible to factor that into the purchase price.

Reaction score
I totally agree to factor in the price. However I feel it might be a little over cautious?
How do you think any suspension maker/car dealer or motor factors work with storing parts?
They can have items sitting on a shelf for days/weeks/months and in some cases years.

Mine has been dry stored for well over 6 years and the Sachs are showing no sign of requiring a refurbishment.

17111179365_012f1190ff_z.jpg

The car could have been started and allowed to run up to temperature weekly?
To be truthful we are all clutching at straws.
Without knowing history / condition of the car, can we really value it or say if a higher mileage car is better?

Reaction score
Great discussion and info, thanks everyone. Should be taking a closer look at it next week.

Reaction score
This was not dry stored from new though. It was 5 years old and 35k before storage. I think we agree in general. I'm just trying to steer the OP on the side of caution as I think some people may be underestimating the possible costs and over valuing the car. The dampers may be fine but they may have scored Pistons and need a £900 refurb. I think it would be sensible to assume they might cost half that and allow £450.