Trophy Steering Wheel Refurb - Suggested companies?

Stu

Reaction score
Hello Clio Trophy Forum,

I am a newbie and have just purchased no.284 - please go easy on me!

Previously had a Honda CRX 1.6 VTEC and sold that when we were expecting our first born. The boy is now 7 and I have been waiting a long time to get my hands on something fun to drive. It was a bit of an effort but after a flight from Bristol to Edinburgh I got something special in the form of a lovely standard Trophy ;)

It needs a few bits and I am already actioning some jobs - Sachs refurb (with cornering force - please let me know any previous experiences you've had, good or bad) , alloy refurb, exhaust brakets, new coil springs, replacement exhaust midsection, 2 new tyres and minor dent removal and bumper respray. My brother works in the trade and is helping me out to save cost (not for the first time I might add!)

One other job that needs doing is to refurb the steering wheel. I have been looking at Royal Steering Wheels as one option, royalsteeringwheels.com Has anyone used them or would recommend another reliable company? I was looking to complete this the same time the dampers were off.

Be great to hear from some of you in the know, appreciate any helpful tips? Thanks all, Stu

Reaction score
Hi Stu,

Congratulations of buying a Trophy, they are great cars (that's why I've bought two of them!)

I used Royal Steering Wheels last year for my Clio V6 and Jack did an excellent job and I'd be happy to recommend him. He was quick, efficient and good value.

Good luck with your Trophy.

Regards,

Jon.

Reaction score
Hi Stu, welcome to Trophy ownership!

As covered already the two best known options are Jack at Royal or the man they call 'Snappy' who I believe can be contacted via the cliosport.net forum.

Regarding having your Sachs dampers refurbished, there is a comprehensive thread on this forum which covers everything you could possibly want to know regarding pricing, options and customer satisfaction from the two main suppliers of this service - BG Motorsport (Silverstone) and Cornering Force.

That's some distance you travelled to buy the car, I'm sure it will be well worth it - the more you drive it the more you'll enjoy it!

Reaction score
Another vote for Snappy - had mine done last year and was very quick to produce a wheel for me. Excellent quality I believe he works for Bentley - I have a picture of mine ( see 057), plus there are other variations pictured here and on CS to give you some ideas.

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum and Trophy ownership! I have a Snappy re-trimmed wheel and am really pleased with it. It has red stitching, which matches the exterior colour nicely.

Based on the start/end points of your journey, are you per chance Bristol based or nearby?

Reaction score
Have to say welcome to the forum and congratulations on your purchase I hope you enjoy it. From personal experience I have had great service from both jack@royal and also from Bg Motorsport. I would highly recommend either or both of them.

Stu

Reaction score
Hi Pj!

Yes I am on the outskirts of Bristol just beyond Long Ashton - the car isn't unfortunately! That's in Yorkshire for the time being, should have it back soon after she's been pampered! Are you local to me? I've never seen a Trophy locally :(

Stu

Reaction score
Hi Miller,

Thanks to you and everyone else for the responses - nice to get so many warm replys ;)

Reaction score
No worries but if you localish to me you could have a look at BG's work as just had two sets of sachs done and still off the car

Where abouts are you Pj?

Reaction score
Hi and welcome along. Good luck with your plans, all sounds great. The car should be looking spot on by the time you're finished. Keep us posted on progress in the owners register; we all love a few nice pics :up: