Reaction score
Hi

Im a new member on here, from cliosport.net

Im looking for a Trophy Spoiler but want to know a bit more about it. Will the spoiler catch on my roof? How far open can you get the boot without it touching the roof?

Any info would be grealt appreciated!

Thanks,
Paul. 8)

Reaction score
I think that you would need trophy boot struts as one of the annoying things with the trophy is that it opens at perfect eye/ forehead height and hurts!! i guess to stop it from hitting the spoiler? But no it does not catch otherwise :D

Reaction score
Sam_K said:
I think that you would need trophy boot struts as one of the annoying things with the trophy is that it opens at perfect eye/ forehead height and hurts!! i guess to stop it from hitting the spoiler? But no it does not catch otherwise :D
So if I just got the spoiler (without shortened struts) it would open to about eye line before touching the roof?

Its not too much of an issue, as I dont really use my boot and if I do its only a little bag! So practicality isnt much of an issue!

Renaultsport

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Without the shorter struts the boot will open up and stop when the top of the spoiler touches the edge of the roof. I guess you could hold onto the boot if you open it so it doesn't rest on the roof, or but the struts. I don't think they are expensive, I would go for these as it would save you damaging the paint or spoiler itself.

Reaction score
Renaultsport said:
Without the shorter struts the boot will open up and stop when the top of the spoiler touches the edge of the roof. I guess you could hold onto the boot if you open it so it doesn't rest on the roof, or but the struts. I don't think they are expensive, I would go for these as it would save you damaging the paint or spoiler itself.
Ive read that the struts are ridiculously expensive though?!?! Not sure whether to chance it or just to get a Cup spoiler instead!

Renaultsport

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Harpham said:
Renaultsport said:
Ive read that the struts are ridiculously expensive though?!?! Not sure whether to chance it or just to get a Cup spoiler instead!

Just found an old thread, the aren't as cheap as I thought... Part number 7700842256 £41.70+vat each.

Depends how much you want the V6 spoiler...