Reaction score
Having just returned from the 'ring with another faultless performance from the Trophy I'm still convinced this is the best all-round car I've owned.

The 2 degrees negative camber I had on the last geo-setup worked well but was less noticeable than I was expecting. It did seem to have better overall grip than last year though.

I'm a huge fan of the stability control on the clio. While lapping in the wet (and mud) I had 3 big oversteer moments that I corrected losing minimal time without any trips to the barriers. I'm confident the S/C did most of the work but it really does help boost your confidence.

Best lap of the weekend unfortunately didn't go down to me but a friend of mine who managed a frankly staggering 8:53 lap in the Trophy with the front pads down to the backing! I then had to search around Nurburg to find some 'emergency' red-stuff pads to get me home. To be fair they don't seem too bad at the moment.

The highlight of the trip was undoubtedly on the last day when I hired a Megane R26.R for the afternoon. The speed, grip and brakes were just unbeleivable. My best from the short time I had with it was an 8:49 but obviously there's another minute or so to be found somewhere!

Great trip, awesome fun :)

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Cool! Sounds like you had a blast, no pics?

I've wanted to go on a road trip to the ring for a while so if anyone would like to invite me to the next one that would be great, thanks. (tup)

Reaction score
Ben nxt year, long lane are going again, and I said I am 100% going. couldn't go this time as work and doing house up stopped me.

Reaction score
Sounds fantastic! Btw, what did the car hire cost (if you'll excuse such a vulgar question)?

Reaction score
It was 499 Euros for 6 laps in the R26R (ex petrol and lap tickets)

More worrying was the 20,000 Euro excess :shock:

Reaction score
Got back on friday as well. Was awsome!! We did mon tues weds evening and really quiet laps all dry for me :) Its so much fun! Cant wait for the next trip! A trophy trip would be awsome!!