Trophy seeking travels ?

Reaction score
I went to view #422 at the Angel of the North 220 miles round trip and wait 2 weeks before making the 230mile round trip to collect it. The 2 week delay was due to the V5 and a plate transfer but it was worth it for the days I get to exploit the T to the max.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
My friend who owned the car drove it to my door, so 0 miles :)
I wasn't necessarily looking for a Trophy at the time (other RenaultSport products were also on the radar), but I knew he had it for sale and couldn't resist after a test drive - Part of which was on the A18 mountain road in the IOM (so basically a race track with no speed limit).

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Part of which was on the A18 mountain road in the IOM (so basically a race track with no speed limit).
I feel I should get back over there at some point soon! There are some great roads to be enjoyed, including the unrestricted sections on the TT circuit). Some of the back roads will give the Sachs a bit of a battering though!!!!

EDIT: I'm sure I have some vids somewhere... will see if I can dig them out later.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
I'm probably headed back in In a month or two, if so I'll try to organise something.
There's more to the isle than just unrestricted roads. Not a lot, admittedly, but there's beer and beaches and people with strange names...

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Indeed! I used to head over each year with my old car club (for a week) and we'd pretty much explore the entire island. Real nice place to enjoy the roads and, well, to relax and unwind.

(Sadly I can't find the videos... I probably have them backed-up somewhere but goodness knows where!)

Reaction score
Trophy No.
My first Trophy was about a mile, as I bought it from a friend.

This second one was about 120miles each way. A five year gap between them, and drove better than I remembered.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
About a 380 mile round trip for me. Didcot to Leeds and back again. Shared the driving on the way up in the Scooby and drove the Trophy back with my mate following. Loved every minute. Think he did too.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
I'll keep an eye open for you, just a few miles away in Benson so I'm sure I will spot you at some point.