Reaction score
ANY ONE KNOW HOW TO REMOVE STANDARD 182 SEATS?? WANT TO CHANGE THEM, OR ANY ONE GOT ADVICE ON THE SEATING POSITION OF THE NORMAL COMPARED TO THE TROPHY TRENDLINES (RECARO)

Reaction score
big_peaches said:
ANY ONE KNOW HOW TO REMOVE STANDARD 182 SEATS?? WANT TO CHANGE THEM, OR ANY ONE GOT ADVICE ON THE SEATING POSITION OF THE NORMAL COMPARED TO THE TROPHY TRENDLINES (RECARO)

your best bet might be to hop over to cliosport.net - someone on there has just done this and has given some details too on what was involved

Nik

ClioTrophy Admin
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Not certain on removal but i think the subframes just bolt through the floor so you need to get under the car to remove them.

Seating position in the Recaros is 10mm lower. That sounds tiny but i think due to the more bucketed shape of the seats its more than that in reality. In my 172 my head used to brush the roof with a helmet on, now i'm nowhere near it.

The other thing i like is the ability to have the back of the seat much more upright than the original seats. Because i have the seat as far back as it will go on the runners, I used to find i was leaning forwards to reach the steering wheel in my 172. You can rotate the back of the Recaro's much further forward allowing you to adjust your steering reach better without compromising leg comfort by having to sit closer.

Comfort wise they are much better. I would find after about 2 hours of driving in the 172 I was quite uncomfortable. In these you arrive ache free, and wanting to go and drive some more :D

Reaction score
Nik,

iirc from the RenaultSport site the front ride height is 10mm lower, the seats are 20mm lower.

Thats why you have plenty of helmet room. (oo er missus) :lol:

Reaction score
thanks boys. much needed info al definatley get some now. makes sens about the bolts being under the car.

cheers

Reaction score
you must remove plastic covers on side (there's a torx) before .... remove bolts then .... Recaro's are 10mm lower because of different fitting on guides

setz2pr.jpg

[sorry for my bad english, I hope you understand]

Reaction score
RIGHT THATS SORT OF SORTED. IM GONNA BUY RECARO SPORT SPORT LINE INSTED OF THE TREND LINE COS THE HAVE ELECTRONIC HEIGHT AND TILT FOR THE SEAT. BUT DONT KNOW WHICH SELECTION TO HAVE IT HAS EITHER WITH GUIDES OR WITHOUT, NOW WHAT DO I CHOOSE FOR THE TO GO STRAIGHT IN THE 182 OBVIOUSLY IM GOIN LEATHER AND ALCANTERA..............................HELP US OUT BOYOS

CHEERS

GARY