Trophy Respray

Reaction score
Hi - anyone ever had a full respray?

recommended ?

i am thinking about it and if anyone has any advice that would be great. obv. these cars fade in the palstic areas quicker than the normal panels. i have some slight fading thats only noticeable up close (really when washing it)

Cheers,
ajh

Reaction score
Hi, do you mean the plastics look faded or the panels? Might be worth getting the plastics resprayed and then get the car machined, full respray is not really cost effective on a 10 year old car, maybe post some pics up?

Reaction score
the cars got stone chips all over and i want them rectified but if i am correct that will require lots of 'blendng' to and then most of the car is touched.

the bumpers are only slightly off. i have a slight scuff from previous owner too above front wing.

from the eye when looking at the car its not 100% noticeable but i notice it - if you get what i mean.

when you say 'cost effective' you mean its not worth doing because of high cost to respray?

ajh

MarcB

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
With a respray you pay for what you get.

Its all about prep and man hours, If its just a respray at £2000 i would not waste your time.

If You want it done correct then that would mean bumpers, Wings, Rubbers, Grills, windows , Lights and everything else coming off the car and all being done correctly.

Don't forget that the car is 10 years old so the amount of nuts, bolts & captives that are more than likely to snap or burst also.

IMHO i would do the front end of a Trophy for stone chips and a good body shop will be able to match the paint and polish it up.

Reaction score
good advice - thanks guys.

i guess i didn't think about all the finer details and will prob go with the body work option.

i still have the standard exhaust so maybe save the pennies and upgrade that.

thanks,
ajh

Reaction score
Oe paint always better than a re-spray at a later date. Would get plastics painted, good machine polish/paint correction, then wax, would be more cost effective defo. ;-)

Reaction score
thanks, i decided on the body shop option. its so expensive and not worth the money - i think that i would be nearly half way to getting another trophy :)

i am based in essex.

Reaction score
Kream developments in Rainham. Had some paintwork done a few years back and it was the best I've had. I will be going back in the new year for some more work.

Reaction score
cheers stormy, what did actually do? repair or just straight up re-spray of bumpers etc?