Cam

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I have tried to get a 197 steering wheel onto the trophy. I'm using Renault Peterborough and they can get it on and modified the cruise control ok but 2 problems.

1) the back of the steering wheel rubs on the coweling. (apparently this can where the steering wheel)
2) steering felt really stiff and horrid and with out hands on the wheel the steering wheel would not return to centre on its own.

I know someone on here has successfully achieved this i've seen the pics so any ideas or if you are that person please get in contact.

Car is left with Renault until Monday. Im now in a 1.4 11plate clio. Its too comfy!

In the show room was a clio and twingo Silverstone edition. apparently you get a track driving day in the car at silverstone.

Cam

Reaction score
Not sure if related as it was mega stiff and so dangerous Renault wouldnt let me take it home so have to wait till Monday. Felt like there was no power steering but worse.

I read the link provided (thank you!) of the 172 guy who had the 197 steering wheel on and he has mentioned rubbing but nothing major.

This was major!

I have sent him a private message and hope he gets back to me and hopefully find a solution incase anyone else wants to change. Did look great though !

Cam

Reaction score
None that I noticed. Can't say I looked at dash much was concentrating on feeling how stiff and horrid the car was.

Cam

Reaction score
follow the link at top of the page keep reading and another Trophy driver has same problem.

Can the Trophy not take a 197 steering wheel ?

Cam

Reaction score
A solution may have just come about.

Will post if it works !