Trophy on form with 600 mile trip......

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Had a great weekend in Manchester for a football league play off final and my ex-boss decided late last week to play 7-a-side match and got hit in the eye. He was not up for driving to Manchester from the SW and I was not insured to drive his Mondeo.

I decided to take the Trophy on the 600 mile round trip with 5 of us in the car, me, my partner and my brother are not very tall but my ex-boss and his son are both over 6 foot! Not the most comfy for them 4 but I was ok being the driver!

Anyway, to cut a long story short, the car managed to do 38.2 mpg on this trip with 5 in the car and travelled between 65-80 both ways. Absolutely stunned!

Reaction score
Just back from a similar round trip, Bournemouth to Manchester and back. I'm a Huddersfield supporter and wish I'd never have bothered...

However at least the Trophy put in a sterling performance, an idicated 37.5 MPG at a steady 80 - 85mph

Reaction score
I'll be covering about 2000 miles in 10 days in a couple of months...

Doing the 3 peaks (Nevis, Scafell, Snowdon) in July then a trip to the 'ring about 4 days later!

Reaction score
Last month did a trip to France for a week in the Trophy with some friends. 3 in the car with luggage, 1400miles, managed to get around 35mpg for each tank with some spirited driving. Loved it and will hopefully be doing it again next year!