Reaction score
son of solo said:
ok then....can anyone with a trophy around number 35-65 post the last 5 digits of their vin number here and we can see if they are in sequence...

It's very dangerous to list any part of a VIN number in a public forum... I strongly suggest you give Renault customer service a call with the VIN number from the car you are looking to buy.

They will be able to verify the authenticity in about 4 minutes flat and you'll be all set!!!

Let us know how you go... and don't worry so much!!! :)

O.

Reaction score
I'd check the VIN with Renault, but would be a little wary about the dealer, as they seem to have misled you somewhat.

Reaction score
ok....the last 5 numbers of the car in question are... 06957
so do i take it that car number 001 ends in 06908 ?

Reaction score
But this one was registered in Stockton by a Renault dealer and sold to a Policeman if my memory is correct. (It's OK, I know because he offered me the car, I am not the 'All Seeing Eye' haha. Time to put the issue to bed and look forward to collecting the car and driving it!

Reaction score
i was in talks with the guy b4 i sold my v6. he is registered on here as andrewlevitt.

I have his mobile number aswell if you want it son of solo, you could ring him and ask what the story is. Send me a pm for the number.

Cheers.

Nik

ClioTrophy Admin
Reaction score
Trophy No.
son of solo said:

They obviously dont all run in sequence. My car is no.41 and my vin number has a similar ending but it is not 8 less than 06957 as you might expect. The cars cannot have been allocated trophy numbers in the same order they were allocated vin numbers.

Reaction score
Day said:
Some guy in Europe had a simillar sticker made for his black 182 on coilovers and anthracite Turinis.

I'm pretty sure of it.

Is this an actual picture that you took or one floating around on the internet?

Copycat!

:wink:

Lee

Reaction score
Nik said:
son of solo said:

They obviously dont all run in sequence. My car is no.41 and my vin number has a similar ending but it is not 8 less than 06957 as you might expect. The cars cannot have been allocated trophy numbers in the same order they were allocated vin numbers.

Maybe that was just the first 7 then. :roll: lol

Reaction score
Stepping aside for as moment - it's far more likely that if anything is non genuine, it's the sticker.

I would suggest that the amount of effort required to turn a 182/Cup into a passable Trophy would be uneconomical. New seats, dampers, respray, etc.

It's more likely the original plaque got nicked or damaged, and an imitation has been made.

Or am I talking b0ll0cks?

Nik

ClioTrophy Admin
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Someone on here (or were they on cliosport :?: ) had their Trophy delivered without the numbered sticker. They had to get Renault to get another one made for them. Its possible it was an incorrectly made replacement i guess.

I reckon it got the sticker for the swiss #49 by accident. If only the swiss owner was on here to confirm what their sticker says!

This is Christophes sticker (swiss #27): http://membres.lycos.fr/cgriffe/1308200 ... G_2632.JPG

Reaction score
Nik said:
I reckon it got the sticker for the swiss #49 by accident. If only the swiss owner was on here to confirm what their sticker says!

This is Christophes sticker (swiss #27): http://membres.lycos.fr/cgriffe/1308200 ... G_2632.JPG

Same here, somehow we have got to find out what the Swiss #49 plaque looks like, would have to laugh if he had 049/500! :lol:

You've probably already tried this, but if you haven't see if you can get in contact with the previous owner and see if you can work out from them if there is something fishy, or if it is a genuine mistake.

Is there anyway that you could walk away from this car without loosing a deposit? (There's plenty of Trophy's on the market right now after all). I know it would be something that would bug me if the plaque wasn't right, and I would always worry that people would think the car is non original come selling time..

Hope you get it sorted mate! :D