Reaction score
why are the some number plates on the trophy drivers seat numbered out of 50
i've seen one that says 49 / 50
the dealer said the first 50 are all like this...is he right?
see picture if i can work out how to do it
[/url]

Reaction score
They made 50 for Switzerland so this is likely to be the Swiss car (although it looks RHD?).

The first UK cars were all marked out of 500... the dealer has no idea what he/she is talking about.

What dealer told you this?

O.

Reaction score
son of solo said:
yes it is a rhd
its in a dealer in newcastle

I would be very weary as to its authenticity unless there is something fundamental that 525 other Trophy drivers don't know about the numbering system (highly unlikely!),

O.

Reaction score
Calling all #1 to 50 Trophy owners. This is an odd one and could do with sorting out. I checked the car on Experian Gold Check for Andrew and it checks out ok. The car was regisered in Stockton area. . Just realised I sold number 10 last week and that was 10/500. Post on Renaultsport and get some feedback from Jeremy Townsend maybe.

Ps. I bet these stickers were produced on a Mac and the operator made a keying error unnoticed on the proof. Simple as that, no X File requred!

Reaction score
What makes this sticker very strange is that there are not one but two mistakes/irregularities:

1) There is a zero missing at the beginning (049); and
2) There is a zero missing at the end (500).

The printer must have zerophobia or someone has made two mistakes on the one plaque... or there is something a little deeper we don't know about!

It doesn't help that the dealer is pulling a fast one and has decided to lie...

Will be interesting to know what really happened! :)

O.

Reaction score
Perhaps nobody ever thought anyone would make a list of them (eg. here) and there are really lots of 49s out there. (Joke) If there's any consipracy then it's with Renault, but I doubt it. The car checks out OK, has Recaros and Sachs (I hope!) so it's a Trophy with a strange number anomoly. Once upon a time (7" Singles) this sort of thing used to make them more valuable!

Reaction score
come on guys ...i´m picking it up at the weekend,im on holiday now and not enjoying myself through worrying about this....
i did however notice that number 49 had not yet been registered on this site...thats got to be a good ish sign
everything checks out but the numbers....ultimatley i will have to get the number checked against the cars VIN at reanult sport ...but i dont even want to think about how i´ll do that... :cry:

Reaction score
If the previous owner is who i think he is, you have a cast iron testimony as to where he bought it from brand new. Also on the check it confirmed where it was registered. Then all you have is an odd number plaque.

Reaction score
son of solo said:
come on guys ...i´m picking it up at the weekend,im on holiday now and not enjoying myself through worrying about this....
i did however notice that number 49 had not yet been registered on this site...thats got to be a good ish sign
everything checks out but the numbers....ultimatley i will have to get the number checked against the cars VIN at reanult sport ...but i dont even want to think about how i´ll do that... :cry:

Don't worry at all mate... but do give the dealer some grief for trying to lie to you and then ask them to confirm with Renault the authenticity (just for your own peace of mind).

Cheers
O.

Day

Reaction score
Some guy in Europe had a simillar sticker made for his black 182 on coilovers and anthracite Turinis.

I'm pretty sure of it.

Is this an actual picture that you took or one floating around on the internet?

Lee

Reaction score
It should be fairly easy for Renault to check as all Trophy are numbered in the order which they came off the line. Unlike the V6, the VIN numbers will be in the correct order along with the number of the car itself.

Here's mine by the way:

ClioTrophy13.jpg

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Could be that the seat has been replaced for some reason and someone, after renault, has made the sticker up them selves.

Sounds v dodgy regardless that a dealer has obviously lied about the reason - would lead me to be suspicious.

Take your point that #49 hasn't yet been registered on this so it could be an innocent mistake by renault but I doubt the supplier that made the stickers had indivual setting for them, They would have been part of a print run and therefore a mistake in the print run would have been duplicated 500 times.

Also another point this raises - were the swiss cars #501 - #525??? this wouldn't make sence as they would have had to wait until the 500 were manufactured until they got their cars.

Reaction score
ok then....can anyone with a trophy around number 35-65 post the last 5 digits of their vin number here and we can see if they are in sequence...

Reaction score
Cue said:
Also another point this raises - were the swiss cars #501 - #525??? this wouldn't make sence as they would have had to wait until the 500 were manufactured until they got their cars.

I was under the impression that the Swiss cars were numbered xx/50 (I think that there were actually 50 Swiss cars, there was going to be 25 but the Swiss kicked up a fuss)

This car, however, is clearly not a Swiss one.

There are actually a couple of Swiss owners on this forum who could perhaps give more info.