Reaction score
59401f6c47f7116e06c9db8645d25abd_zpsf63c54a6.jpg

Seen this on ebay, 74,000 miles or so very similar condition and miles to my own, with the amount of ebay watchers is this a realistic price?

Estimated value from low-high?

£3,000-£6,500?

Thanks.

Reaction score
Hopefully prices are on the up. Means we've all got a little investment.

I think prices are rising. Glad I bought mine a few months back. It's a lot of car for the money and that's probably one of the reasons.

Reaction score
Yeah glad i got mine couldn't sell it for anything better for the money! Getting 40mpg with a decat and map!

Reaction score
This is very encouraging.......recent publicity may have something to do with it; such as Harry M's Evo Diaries and "Future Icons" article in November issue of Evo (#188)

Reaction score
People will go out of their way for this little car though. With 500 made any one in good condition will only ever rise! That's why I bought mine:up: Never thought I would say this but I'm starting to forget about my RS focus!

Reaction score
its just a shame about all the Trophys that are being butchered by people, i dunno y they just didnt buy a normal 182 if they can not afford to keep the T in 1 peice

Reaction score
Been watching the big 4 sites daily & I don't think they're rising necessarily, but holding well unlike other 182s due to newer Clios getting cheap too.

IIRC that one has been for sale a while & the cars advertised more at £4000-4600 seem to be selling in a few weeks, with 2 or 3 high milers at around £2600. I turned down 2 (one was 35k) where both owners wanted £4k with a bit of work to do on each so I moved on. Both then sold though. It's all about price & condition but with the rarity you only need one person willing to pay your price if it's a near perfect car and you're laughing.

From the SORN figures I'd guess there's a good few tucked away in garages with sub-5k mileage & some will reappear in a few years time for £10k+, I would doubt there's 40+ been written off but I might be wrong :)

Like most special cars you only increase the value by not driving them, which is a bit of a shame. Make every mile count instead :eek:

Reaction score
its just a shame about all the Trophys that are being butchered by people, i dunno y they just didnt buy a normal 182 if they can not afford to keep the T in 1 peice
I completely disagree with you, Mikey, maybe they just wanted a red (/pink) 182.

These cars are so accessible now that all sorts are buying them, and why can't they do what they want with them? It's only a car, and a cheap, French car at that, albeit one that's very rewarding to drive, it's not like it's an endangered species. And anyway, you should be hoping more people do butcher (I call it modify) their Trophy as it will make yours (assuming it's 100% standard) more valuable.

I would doubt there's 40+ been written off but I might be wrong :)
I wouldn't be surprised at all if 40+ had been written off. Perhaps we need a seperate entry in the Owners Register to record all written-off Trophys in one place?

Reaction score
Trophy No.
I'm actually one of those watchers but more for research than anything as I would not consider this car at that price. Seen similar go for much less and there is one with half the miles for less at the moment too

After watching prices for about a year I'd look to pay about £5k for a really nice one

Reaction score
dont get me wrong, i understand people uprating/upgrading parts, but when you start removing things that make it a special edition in the 1st place it seems completely bonkers, even more so, if they are not keeping the parts, so when sale time come, they can at least off the oem parts to the next owner

Reaction score
Been watching the big 4 sites daily & I don't think they're rising necessarily, but holding well unlike other 182s due to newer Clios getting cheap too.

IIRC that one has been for sale a while & the cars advertised more at £4000-4600 seem to be selling in a few weeks, with 2 or 3 high milers at around £2600. I turned down 2 (one was 35k) where both owners wanted £4k with a bit of work to do on each so I moved on. Both then sold though. It's all about price & condition but with the rarity you only need one person willing to pay your price if it's a near perfect car and you're laughing.

From the SORN figures I'd guess there's a good few tucked away in garages with sub-5k mileage & some will reappear in a few years time for £10k+, I would doubt there's 40+ been written off but I might be wrong :)

Like most special cars you only increase the value by not driving them, which is a bit of a shame. Make every mile count instead :eek:

You turned down a 35k trophy for £4k?! I payed £4,400 for mine with 70k and it was just about ready for scrap! She's beautifully restored now though :)

Reaction score
It's unlikely to sell at £6k, I put mine up at that with 54,000 miles with loads of maintenance work and history in lovely nick and had NO genuine interest. £5k is more near the mark which is still high when you consider it's essentially an 8 year old Clio. I can't see prices rising as miles and age increase across the board.

Reaction score
£5k in Surrey is not the same as £5k in Aberdeen, local variations have a part to play, so it's hard to make broad sweeping statements about the national Trophy market.

Reaction score
I had mine on gumtree for interest at £4,600 had one guy text but no further, dropped to £4,200 had a few texts then £3,700 i was fighting off offers!

MarcB

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Every Trophy Owner should put theres up for sale at £6K+ and see how the market goes but if you do get a phone call just say its sold LOL