Reaction score
well i have been a throphy owner for 2 days now and today its been dry enough to test the car on a few twisty sections i know like the back of my hand, i have found the trophy to feel a bit odd to be honest, on turn in it feels as tho the backend sways out but at the same time it stays planted at the rear, to be honest i was approaching these turns alot faster than i usually do, but to be honest i havent had a long enough drive in it to feel as one with it

whats your general feelings with the way the car handles?

Reaction score
1st thing to do is check tyre pressure & dampers. is it "lift off oversteer" you're describing?

Reaction score
Or turning in while still on the brakes (accidental trail braking) - either way the T's handling is normally quite sublime..

Reaction score
Trophy No.
I know what you mean about the back, feels a bit vague? I think its probably because its a short wheelbase car so theres not much feeling on the back unless it completely lets go.
I find that i can lean and lean and lean some more on the front and it wont REALLY let go.. (unless its wet)

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Mine doesn't feel right of late and feels very unstable at high speeds, had an ex-Trophy owner look at the shocks and says the gap is getting small. Think its damper refurb time for me :roll:

Reaction score
In my expreience you should be able to feel exactly what both ends are doing. Like previously mentioned check tyre pressures, a psi can make a differance :)

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
either way the T's handling is normally quite sublime..

Yep, my thoughts too :D

Just coming home from service tonight I was thinking to myself how well it handles and how much feedback you get, even in the wet, you get the feeling you can carry any sort of speed into corners and it just digs in and around it goes.

Reaction score
i think in time and with more experience behind the wheel of the trophy i will start enjoying it more, im just so used to how my 306 diesel handles(very well) ive only owned my trophy for a few days lol

seriously thinking of getting the front dampers refurbed later on in the year, do the rear shocks need attention usually?

Reaction score
allsmiles said:
i think in time and with more experience behind the wheel of the trophy i will start enjoying it more, im just so used to how my 306 diesel handles(very well) ive only owned my trophy for a few days lol

seriously thinking of getting the front dampers refurbed later on in the year, do the rear shocks need attention usually?

They only need attention if you need new ones, they are a none service part, if they are broke you need new ones! Think the Sachs units are approx £200 per side from Reno. Best off getting some adjustable Koni's for the rear if they need replacing. Cost about the same price. Havent done this my self yet but if you use the search function im sure you will find alot of good things about them. Once my rear's go i will be getting Koni's fitted.

Reaction score
its been nice and sunny over here and today ive been a bit more brave and was driving a bit more spiritidly(within speed limit of course :D)

well all i can say is im really starting to get a feel for the car now, earlier on in the week it felt a little weird at the back and i didnt trust it too much, but today i started trusting it a bit more and more and it actually feels the back is trustable and just seems to dig in, and its starting to feel really good to drive

still nowhere near the limit tho, but its all well, i love the way the car feels like its on its toes, ready for anything, love it love it! :D