Traction Control And Serv Warning Light - The Result!!!

Reaction score
I have had my car at the dealer for a while now to see if they could find out why the lamps come on after cornering as posted early last month

Turns out thay havehad to order a new steering rack as the car was unsafe to drive!!!

ANY ONE WHO HAS THIS PROBLEM MUST GET IT SORTED OUT ASAP!!!!!!

The rack is 200 notes if your out of warrenty

Reaction score
Scary stuff problems with steering racks, especially how hard some of us like to attack corners! Any idea what the issue was?

Reaction score
Still waiting on its return from the garage, should get it today, al be getting a f ull esplination hopefully

Reaction score
IIs this not the brake switch problem which takes about 3 minutes to fix? I guess not, if it only happens after cornering.

Reaction score
Roy Munson said:
IIs this not the brake switch problem which takes about 3 minutes to fix? I guess not, if it only happens after cornering.

seen as it took the garage two days to fit a steering rack, then no, it wasnt a break switch fault that would take mins to fix..............................................

Day

Reaction score
I've had a dealer tell me my car whined because the aux belt was 3mm too close to another part of the car.

Turns out it was the idler bearing that had dried up and required changing as diagnosed by Rentech.

So moral of the story...

Dealers know sod all - especially Olympian Automotive/Westover

Reaction score
big_peaches said:
[quote="Roy Munson":2c8r9a62]IIs this not the brake switch problem which takes about 3 minutes to fix? I guess not, if it only happens after cornering.

seen as it took the garage two days to fit a steering rack, then no, it wasnt a break switch fault that would take mins to fix..............................................[/quote:2c8r9a62]

Yeah cos Renault dealers know everything about you car :roll:

Anyway I was only trying to help. Your symptoms are very very common and your cause is unheard of for me. Only trying to pass on my knowledge :D

BTW...2 days to fit a new rack???????????? Top dealer.

Reaction score
The known cause of this issue is the brake switch. I suspect if there was a hardware issue with the steering rack then you might have noticed it before now. I put it to you that your dealer is a chancer like 80% of them. :wink:

Reaction score
I should have said "A" known cause, certainly very common. I'm not saying your dealer is wrong, but it's not unusual for dealers to get things very very wrong. I hope they sort your car out. It's an annoying problem because it also stops the cruise working :cry:

I guess there might be a steering angle sensor in the rack for the ESP, perhaps?

Reaction score
oh i know my dealer is shit...they took 8 hours to change a xenon, dont get me wrong i spit in the eye of reg vardy....my lasses pal is reg vardies grandaughter,,,no shit!!!!