Reaction score
PLEASE Don't hate me for asking this BUT.........I am wanting to get my dampers serviced as I have gone passed the 36k mark long ago! But also while doing this I would like to get new dampers on the rear (koni) and also get some Mark Fish springs.
How much would I be looking at spending to get the above fitted? also keeping in mind I would have to get camber and tracking sorted out too!

My mate came rang me today to say he's selling his 182 soon (if he likes the nxt car he's viewing) and he has a set of AST coilovers up for grabs. They are only just over a month old and he would sell them too me at a very good price!

I wouldn't sell my old suspension as I could re-fit later on if I come to sell. But I am only interested IF it is worth paying 'x' amount of money to get all of the above or buy a full new set up.

Rich

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Well the usual for the refurb and then I think Luke mentioned £1400 for the rears but I think that included fitting as well but I think I would want that anyway, the other bits and bobs will be small change in comparison and work you would have to have done either way.

Reaction score
Is the front strut service around the £400 mark? depending how worn they are. £1400 for the rear?

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Sorry just read your op are you going to get the koni rears yourself? That price was for the complete setup on the rear, dampers and springs sa far as I'm aware.

Is that clearer now ;-)

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Approx £400 for front damper service, £300ish for revalved rear Koni's, £200ish for MF springs, £35ish for camber bolts, £80ish for Geometry setup.

Thats approx £1000. I can help fit the front and rear dampers and the springs for you which will save you £400ish in labour + travelling cost.

Reaction score
If I remember correctly if those AST coilovers come from a non Cup'd 182, they may not fit the Trophy as the bolt spacing on the hubs will be different.

Reaction score
BenG said:
Approx £400 for front damper service, £300ish for revalved rear Koni's, £200ish for MF springs, £35ish for camber bolts, £80ish for Geometry setup.

Thats approx £1000. I can help fit the front and rear dampers and the springs for you which will save you £400ish in labour + travelling cost.

Have you got the gear to do it? cos if so i'll get this ordered up in the nxt week - rang the guy up who services them and they haven't got the parts in at the moment - but in the nxt coming weeks

CMR

Reaction score
Jonc said:
If I remember correctly if those AST coilovers come from a non Cup'd 182, they may not fit the Trophy as the bolt spacing on the hubs will be different.

Correct, if its not cup packed they will not fit on the trophy.

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Have you got the gear to do it? cos if so i'll get this ordered up in the nxt week - rang the guy up who services them and they haven't got the parts in at the moment - but in the nxt coming weeks

You will have to get some spring compressors. Ive got the rest of the gear. You will be wanting to get your fronts serviced first though ? Ill come through to yours and help you remove the fronts ready for shipping if ya want, you can leave the car on my axel stands for a few days if you dont have any. It will take an hour to remove the fronts ready for shipping.
Once you get them back we can fit it all together, should take 2/3 hours(ish) to fit the lot.

Reaction score
It cost me around £650 for Mark Fish springs and re-valved rear dampers fitted and geo setup, all by Mark himself (£1400 included cam belt etc). I haven't had my front dampers refurbed yet at 70k although my car has only spent one winter in the UK. No salt abroad :D . You could have the fronts refurbed and then the whole lot fitted for around £1,000.

Luke.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Glad you came on to clarify that, I knew you had mentioned the £1400 but wasn't sure what work you had done, should have kept my gob shut :oops:

Reaction score
I was thinking of going down to fish to get the rears fitted an re-valved and camber set up ec... but its a fair drive for me to see him! guess I could make a weekend of it. lol

Might just get the re-valved konis and springs off him ad then see if I can get all the geo setup by the guys who did Ben's T

Reaction score
I would think it's worth the trip as I was going to do it but got it done near to home , they set it back to standard the first go despite telling them what I wanted and then on a sprint it felt not " right" on closer inspection found that the off side had moved as they had not tighter them up fully.
Will be making the trip to mr fish over the winter.

Reaction score
I'm tryin to tie it into seeing the mrs cousins while I'm down there as they only live 1hr 20mins away (Guildford) so can stop there all weekend. Is there anything to do once the car has been dropped off? as in shops or anything?? or would you have to get a bus somewhere

Reaction score
I live about 10 mins from Harlow so if you need a lift or just some one to show you around im more than happy to help :)

p.s. dont be expecting much of harlow though! There are some ok shops but nothing special