tips putting the cliotrophy.co.uk sticker on :)

Reaction score
mine came on saturday and I messed it up, need another one.

I wanted to put it just under the rear brake light at the top of the rear window. However, as you have to stick them on the inside, I was pretty much upside down and inside out to put it on.

It got air bubbles in it and looked horrible, tried to make it better and it streched.

How do you put them on?

p.s. yes i may be mildly retarded :lol:

Reaction score
You're not alone, it seems many people have fucked this up, I assume you know of the correct way of applying a decal? Placing the sticker in the correct position with 90% the backing still on, holding it in place on stuck side with thumb, rolling backing paper out while sliding credit card across from stuck to unstuck side? Can't go wrong, just make sure the whole thing is straight when the first bit sticks.

Reaction score
it's a piece of piss.... i crouched under the open boot and put it dead central at the top of the rear window... you even have guide lines in the form of the heated window elements :wink:

i've done two without issues :p

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Yep, Steve is right, I normally use a tightly rolled duster to smooth and if you do it from the inside of the car you can position it correctly without being a contortionist. Also a stanley blade is useful if you do get it wrong as you can slide it under a corner to peel it back without damaging the sticker.

Reaction score
I made a complete hash of my first.. and guess what.. I ruined bodged the 2nd one too.. Although not anywhere near as badly.. Infact I left it on.

I wonder if perhaps there is an optimum temp at which to do it.. On both of my attempts it was very warm, I've never had trouble with other decals.. Is it better to do it when it's not the height of the afternoon heat?

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
the pro's put the middle on first and work outwards - easier to drag the airbubles out. Mine was easy.

Also put a hand towel or something around the flat blade that you use to push it out and it'll run over the sticker a lot smoother and won't dig in and rip it.

Nik

ClioTrophy Admin
Reaction score
Trophy No.
They can be a little tricky to put on i'll agree. A method like Steve describes above should be followed for best results.

I'm going to start including an instruction sheet with them i think.