Timing/aux belts

Reaction score
Hi, I'm putting my T in for its MOT and a major service next week. It's been exactly 36k since the aux belt was done so that will definitely be getting changed but I can't decide if the timing belt needs done too. It has already been changed at about 40k/45k (car is currently on 72k) am I just adding extra costs to an already very expensive trip to the garage by getting it done? Or will it be fine for now?

Advice please!

thanks.

Reaction score
How long ago was the cam belt changed?

Based on mileage alone both belts should be changed at 72k, and that's what I'd be inclined to do, but there's a lot of other things to consider too.

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
The timing belt is due every 5 years or 72K from when it was last renewed. You didn't mention the date yours was last fitted but basing it on the milage it's not due until you hit 112K - 117K.

Reaction score
So from your original post am i right in thinking that your aux belt was NOT changed with/when the timing belt was done ??

As this would be normal practice as you have to remove the aux to do the timing belt .

Reaction score
Yeah they were changed at different times. This was all before I owned the car. The timing belt was last changed in August 2010 so I'm well within the 5 year period. So I don't need to get that changed just yet?