Reaction score
when i got my trophy it had a TIG air filter already fitted....a year later i'm wondering how to clean it,didnt get any instructions just a little yellow sticker on the filter box...24,000 service next week ...(done 15k) should i bother getting the air con service done ? i never use it and it's £40 cheaper if i dont...
cheers

Reaction score
I think you can leave air con to 36k. Which is the big one!!

Actually unsure whether you have to get auxillary belt changed on 182.

Who is doing service?

Reaction score
I think you mean ITG. Not sure how well a Tungsten Inert Gas welded filter would perform!

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
lol, i was going to say, why would they weld am air filter.... to clean them, just knock them against something then vac them. Don't whatever you do through it - they don't wear out.

Reaction score
If its an ITG ProFilter then they claim to never need cleaning, here is the info direct from the manufacturers web site

http://www.itgairfilters.com/content.as ... =profilter

When you read the ITG cleaning guides for the ProFilter they also say the following:

"Long life to 'Fit & Forget' - To clean and re-oil any filter is a dirty job and it is difficult to apply the oil coating just right. But with the pro-filter life being more than 3 times longer than the market leader, you can probably 'Fit & Forget' your pro-filter. All that is needed is to check the filter at every engine service interval to remove any large debris that may have found it way into the air box. If the filter looks visibly clogged on the coarse layer of foam, the following steps can be taken. The filter can be wiped with lint free cloth to remove any surface dust and grime and if necessary a vacuum cleaner can be used to encourage any deeper dust out of the filter. By massaging the nozzle on the coarse foam of the filter you will dislodge any debris which will then be drawn up by the hoover. This will result in your filter having a longer life than any competitive
product."

And if its a Maxogen and not a panel filter there will be info on the site relating to those too.

Hope this helps

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
it sounds like it's a pro filter - the maxogen can't be confused with a panel filter. As above for the cleaning.

Reaction score
Never need cleaning - maybe, but I think it would benefit from a re-oil every year, I'll be doing mine for no other reason than I enjoy getting under the bonnet occasionally even it it's completely pointless. You definitely need to get the airbox open and vac it out though, when I fitted my ITG I found about 10 dead flies and a bumblebee in there, plus a collection of leaves adequate for a primary school nature table.