Reaction score
Trophy No.
Beginning to get used to the power/speed of my trophy now and not far off paying it off in full, fancy an upgrade, i love the handling but would like at bit more power at the top end.

Having looked at k-tech site and Yozzasport quite like the look of a throttle body/ turbo conversion, pref the throttle body as dont know what off boost power/reliablity would be like. Anyways on the ktec site it states there 300bhp turbo car has done 145mph is this due to different compression/forged pistons or because it has that bit more oomph at the top end??

Could Fred or Yozza (sorry dont know your real name mate) tell me would the throttle body conversion add anymore top end speed? or would you need different gearing?

cheers

mat

Reaction score
Look, changing the exhaust and air filter fair enough, but how far do you really want to go with a very rare and sought after car. If you really want to go down that road, why not just sell the Trophy, buy a cheaper 182 and spend the change on the mods you want.

From a financial view, doing the mods you talk of, ie: TB's, Turbo, etc, would probably reduce the Trophy's value, as most people are probably enthusiasts that want an original car. :?

Although, after re-reading what i've just written, maybe I'm just turning into a Guardian reading old git! :oops: Sorry.

amm

Reaction score
try polish and porting the head a set of cams air filter a exhaust and to bring it all together a custom remap .
this will not make any difference to the look of the car .

Reaction score
Is it worth spending all that money to go 5mph faster on the autobahn? Do you really care about the little Clio's top speed? not really it's forte, although not bad for a hatchback with the Cd of a Borg cube. If you're getting used to the speed, wind the window down, keeps me at sane speeds on the motorway!

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
amm said:
try polish and porting the head a set of cams air filter a exhaust and to bring it all together a custom remap .
this will not make any difference to the look of the car .

yeh, stay away from Torubo's like the plague with the Trophy mate. You'll regret it. Port Polish would be the only real thing thing, engine mechanicals wise, id contemplate, but not until cambelt time........ when it'll get a full spring clean on the internals.

Air filter, exhaust, ECU and remap and I think you'll have the perfect car, 200 BHP (ish) is about enough thru the front wheels. If you want any more than that I'd really suggest buying a rear drive car and start spending money.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
my mates just sold his corolla ae86 gt coupe a few months ago had a quick go in that completely different feel than the clio, ive been hankering with an mr2 turbo for several years ever since going in my mates 300bhp one! could spend a few grand on a mechanically sound one and throw some money at that instead

Reaction score
Don't do it! Keep the Trophy and get a motorbike, a cheap one will pull the pants down of any car this side of motorsport for acceleration.

Old MR2's are shite. The new ones are actually very good cars but who cares when you look like a tit driving one? 300bhp in an old MR2, no thank you, and try getting it insured.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
no not selling clio keeping that and getting mr2 on top, insurance 800 fully comp with elephant i pay 1400 for, cant have a bike live with my mum and dad and rules to me still being here include no motorbike, ever since i came off my scooter at 16!!

my mates mr2 was a L reg and nice n tidy although a megabusa kit car is tempting liek a bike but with 4 wheels!!

Reaction score
mattykimbo said:
could spend a few grand on a mechanically sound one and throw some money at that instead

Or put it down as a deposit on a property instead.... :wink:

O.

Reaction score
oliie said:
mattykimbo said:
could spend a few grand on a mechanically sound one and throw some money at that instead

Or put it down as a deposit on a property instead.... :wink:

O.

Ollie, this is a petrolhead site, not dotherightthingandgetonthepropertyladder.co.uk

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Reaction score
You will need at least 220 bhp - if n/a, this will be at 7.500 plus, and so will need a shorter 5th gear - so it would all get very expensive. Settle for a sensible 200 bhp package and enjoy the acceleration and agility of the car, whilst retaining every day drivability. As far as I can gather this is feasible without changing the bottom end or pistons, even so using much over 7,200 on a regular/prolonged basis could lead to problems.

Reaction score
our blue car hit around 155mph (gps data logged) from a standing start at bruntingthorpe

turbo - no thanks

throttle bodies - :D

we're just doing my V6 at the moment thenoise.jpg

you can't beat the noise of throttle bodies!

Reaction score
Fred said:
we're just doing my V6 at the moment
you can't beat the noise of throttle bodies!

Lol... I remember a recent conversation with you and you said you'd only be changing your exhaust!!! ;)

Throttle bodies sound niceeee :)

O.

Reaction score
they're a bit small and inferior, they'll probably be getting changed for huge ones