Reaction score
I was stopped by the Police today, shortly after leaving work. I was not speeding, using my phone or driving erractically. My car is insured, MOT'ed and I have just put four new tyres on it. I own it, it is taxed and I had not been drinking.

So why was I stopped? Because the Policeman in question loved the Clio Trophy, had never seen one in the flesh and decided the best way to speak to an owner is to terrify him into thinking he's facing 3 points and a fine.

But obviously I forgave him because all he wanted to do was discuss number 465 of a truly great drivers' car.

Renaultsport

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Thats a random thing to happen, I bet you were bricking it when you saw the blue lights!

My old man spoke to a off duty policeman at a petrol station when he was filling his 182 (my dad was in his company car at the time) so he asked the copper what he thought of the Clio and he said he loved it and the reason for buying one is because he had to chance one and they couldn't catch it, the only reason they did was because the 182 they were chasing ran out of fuel. Sounds like the boys and girls in blue have a soft spot for the Clios! :)

Reaction score
That's rare, but sort of cool - hope they gave you a "get out of jail free" card to use another time!

Reaction score
Ha interesting, I've had the odd police car take a good look at my car but not pulled over to ask about it (yet!).

I am noticing a lot more now people checking the car out and wanting a play! Anyone else find this?

Reaction score
Trophy No.
A few weeks ago a middle aged chap followed me into a supermarket and asked how inwas getting on with the Trophy. Never spoken to him before but he had a strange interest in Clio sports!

Reaction score
What's "a strange interest in Clio sport's"?

Nothing strange about an interest in any car imo...

Renaultsport

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
eljeffo64 said:
What's "a strange interest in Clio sport's"?

Nothing strange about an interest in any car imo...

I agree! It's good when someone shows an interest in it. It's like when people look at you when driving down then road, you think they must know their cars to realise what the T is as to most people it would be a normal Clio with dark wheels.

Reaction score
Have never been stopped for a look as yet but have noticed alot more ppl wanting a little play lmao!!

Reaction score
Trophy No.
bearne1 said:
a middle aged chap followed me into a supermarket Never spoken to him before but he had a strange interest in Clio sports!

RUN A W A Y ........... fast.

Reaction score
Is that what i pay my taxes for for policeman to stop innocent members of the public to have a gander at there cars I wonder if it would be the same if it was on the other foot. Dial 999 and ask to send a policeman round straight away and when he gets there just say i called to admire your Panda car :lol:

Anyway Mr Plod had very good taste indeed :D

Reaction score
Trophy No.
eljeffo64 said:
Do you mind!! I was middle aged once! [-X

Then you should understand :wink: And before anyone else chimes in I was not that middle aged person :lol:

Reaction score
Trophy No.
bearne1 said:
A few weeks ago a middle aged chap followed me into a supermarket and asked how inwas getting on with the Trophy. Never spoken to him before but he had a strange interest in Clio sports!

Sounds like the behaviour of Marrow :lol:

Reaction score
Gazza said:
bearne1 said:

Sounds like the behaviour of Marrow :lol:

I concur :p

Reaction score
I went to pick a parcel up a few days ago and the guy came out to give it to me, when he did he was very chatty about my car, he knew what it was so that was quite cool i suppose but i havent been pulled over yet!!

Reaction score
I was driving in my Trophy a few weeks ago and there was a bin lorry blocking the road, so I had to wait for a few minutes. During this time one of the bin men (Refuse Technician) came over to talk to me about the T, he knew everything about it, although he hadn't owned one, he had however owned a string of 172's and a 182. Thought it was quite nice to have a chat about it, and that someone else had an interest in clio's!

Reaction score
hoolio said:
eljeffo64 said:
Do you mind!! I was middle aged once! [-X

Then you should understand :wink: And before anyone else chimes in I was not that middle aged person :lol:

I do, of course, understand; but just wanted to confirm not all middle aged men have lost their soul or their interest in being a true petrolhead - and neither are they all on the pull for nice young men in hot hatches; just off to McD's for a cruise..... 8)

Reaction score
The other week a young chap asked me, whilst I was filling the Trophy with petrol, if he could buy my car. I said "no".