stop light and battery light !!!

Reaction score
when i'm driving my trophy i get battery light and stop light flashing the faster i go it flickers quicker?

any ideas ppls :( :shock:

Reaction score
Has anyone else had this problem, mine has done this twice recently, but the lights went out after a couple of minutes. Anyone got to the bottom of the problem? I'll pop into an auto electrician to get the alternator checked out. The BM did the same thing recently, perhaps it's me.

Reaction score
If you have a multimeter its really simple to see if an alternator is working, firstly check the battery condition this should read 12.6v-12.4v anything bellow this means battery's in poor condition. Second part is to check the alternator is charging when the engine is started battery voltage will drop to around 10v as soon as the car starts the alternator will kick in and the voltage should then read between 13.5v-14.5v however i have known some alternators to raise just over 14.5v. Finally the last step is to put all lights on, heated window on, a/c and anything that uses electricity, now get a helper to bring the rev's up to around 1500 rpm and the alternator should be reading around 14.5v ideally with everything on a drop bellow 14v isn't idea. Another cause for poor battery or charging can be down to bad earth's might be worth just doing a visual check on them too.

Reaction score
Speed warning! Flashes quicker and quicker till you reach warp speed then stays on :)
Sorry - not helpful but it's a bit hot ....